Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bragging

I was really getting irritated with Jake when he would not go to sleep last night. I guess his brain would not turn off (hmmm... gets it from his mama, poor child!). The next morning, this is what we found tucked under his pillow:

It reads: Wud yoo lik to cum with us to a moovee--ETHAn and ElRRey--ETHAN and ElRRe--frum Jake. On the front it says luv Jacob.

Really? Could I be any prouder? Seriously. This is from my little five year old, barely in kindergarten, sounded out and written all by himself. He is a smartie. About a week ago, I talked to his teachers and they moved him up to first grade for reading. It's a little more his level, with spelling words instead of learning letters in kindergarten.

Well, that's it. Thanks for letting me brag.

And just an update, we LOVE our newest house. We oddly feel very at home here as opposed to the last one. So grateful it worked out. It's been a blessing to have Scott's work so close.

5 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

sorry I never answered on the paint color. I'm not positive. It's a Benjamin Moore paint that I matched at HD and got Behr. I can't find my samples at the moment...

Melissa said...

WOW! He is smart! You have every right to brag :) I'm glad you love your new house!

Jacqui said...

Please tell me he's talking to my Ethan. ;) So cool. He is a smarty pants.

Mindy and Marty said...

go ahead and brag...thats whats supposed to happen as parents! i love it! it's so fun to see their minds working and their creations... a crack up when ruby spell/sounds out her words too...rewards of being a mom.

Ashley said...

That is priceless. He is such a little looker. So jealous of all your Lake Powell trips. Hope you guys are doing well!