Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Brag Post... Aren't They All?

Jake has turned over a new leaf on the praying issue we had. He willingly says prayers now, and is very fervent and serious about them. It is so nice that he's growing up. Tonight he was thankful that we could live with Heavenly Father and Jesus again if we do what is right, and he asked God to "Bless Kelsi to be able to do what she can to get her tumors out by taking her medicine." My kids, including Brookie, pray for Kels at every opportunity, so that she can get her tumors out. They've tried branching out, praying for the doctors to help her, etc. I thought the medicine route was pretty... thoughtful and sweet. Jake is reading like a maniac. I took a video of it (for grandparent purposes) so when I load it on here, you'll have to watch a few seconds. Seriously, I am amazed and I feel like his school has been really good for him that way.

Alisa has the funniest phrases. She will always say "last time ago" when referring to anything in the past. She also refers to bedtime as "bednight" (i.e. Mom, when it is bednight and next morning it will be my birthday and my presents!") She is the sweetest girl, most of the time, singing and dancing away. She literally sings all the time, about everything. She also is a fantastic independent player. She will play with her little princesses or do a puzzle, or color or paint.

Brookie has become a real screamer, so I try to cherish the sweet moments. Tonight Jake was reading her a story and she just kept looking at me and laughing. It was spontaneous and delightful. She kept covering her mouth while laughing. It was fun. She also will put herself in time out. She likes the space to calm down alone, I think. If we are somewhere and I threaten time out, she will put her hands over her mouth to stop herself from screaming. It's pretty cute. Her favorite song is I Love to See the Temple. She LOVES shoes. She insists on wearing them through her nap and tries to put them on for bedtime. She's got old hand-me-down crocs, and her feet are a soggy, reeking mess by bath time. Lately, she likes sparkly shoes and flip flops.

Well, off to make a castle cake for princess #1's birthday tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

Trek pictures and stories, please. You'll forget if you don't write it down! :) XO