Wednesday, January 29, 2014

My Sweet Little Girl

I need to figure this girl out. She is so sweet, yet so stubborn and resistant to anything that is not in her immediate vision or plan for her life. We are working on it. Working on responding to her with love. Working on not using harsh words or threats with her, as these have little affect (besides that of digging in those stubborn heels). 

But tonight we shared some sweet moments, Alisa and I. We played the Headbanz game and she was just thrilled to have one on one time with me. Thrilled. Every card I put on my headband was met with her dramatic gasp and a great big smile. Every question I asked was answered, "Not even close!" She was just a darling and a sweetie and the Alisa that I know is in there during those frustrating moments with her. I love this girl to death and am so glad she's mine. Maybe her love language is time... one-on-one time together meant so much to her tonight, and I got to see that sweet baby of mine. I need to make the time to spend alone with her more often. 

Alisa with her buddy Emma after the Polar Express Musical production at school.

No comments: