Thursday, October 17, 2013

Visit from Presidente Y Hermana Anderton

For journaling purposes: My mission was amazing. I mean, amazing on many levels. It was like 17 months of camping in church clothes. Honduras is very third world. Most people where I was live in dirt shacks or little shanties made of corrugated metal. Some have a crude stucco house. All have outhouses. Water comes in a "pila" or font in the backyard once a week, usually. This is what people use to bathe, to drink, to wash dishes, etc. The missionaries always lived in a place with a toilet (you pour water down it to flush) and electricity, which is a rare commodity. Yet, for all of it's roughness and poverty, it was the best year and a half FOR my life. It has prepared me for life. Through it all, my mission president and especially Hermana Anderton were my rocks and leaders. I look up to them and admire them so much. 

I was thrilled when Hna. Anderton messaged me saying they wanted to meet for dinner. I feel really privileged since I am the only missionary living in Flagstaff. 

We went to Oreganos and had a fun time seeing a slideshow (of course) of a Guatemalan reunion and the dedication of the Tegucigalpa temple. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my mission presidents and was so happy to spend a few hours with them. 



No comments: