Thursday, December 11, 2008

We're still here... barely!

It's been a little crazy around here since Thanksgiving. Besides frantically trying to MAKE Christmas presents (brilliant, I know. Why don't I have these ideas in June?), Scott has been preparing for boards and I have been sucked in to The Host. I finally finished it. It was a good book. All 613 pages. Scott took his boards exams yesterday and today. Hooray! They're over!

Here are some pictures of our Thanksgiving ski trip to Utah. There was absolutely NO SNOW, so we played a lot of the Wii, swam in the heated indoor/outdoor pool, went to the Olympic park, went ice skating at an outdoor rink in SLC and went to see the lights at Temple Square. We also visited my fave Cafe Rio... yum. Here are some out of order pictures. Finally. Whew.

The whole group at Temple Square. It was lovely. And cold. Very cold.
Family picture.
In front of the Cristus. I love this statue.
Jenni and Kelsi got creative with Alisa's wispy hair.
Outside the outdoor ice skating rink. Jake LOVED it. He asks once a day to go skating again and is looking forward to Christmas so he can go again.
What a little cutie-pie!
Here we are hauling Jake around. We supported his weight while dragged his feet (drug?). It's like riding a bike, peeps. You should try it again. It was fun!
Playing in the outdoor pool. I think the temperature was about 50 that day. Other days, it was 30. Alisa got a runny nose and didn't swim outside anymore. 
Scott throwing Jake.
Watching the Luge at the Olympic park. Yes it was cold. Very.
At the entrance.
Notice I'm hard at work on the rolls while these slackers are rockin' out... ha, ha. Lots of time on the Wii rock band this trip. Linda was ready for some Michael Buble.
Isn't this picture so sweet?
This is what we did when it didn't snow for our ski trip: Wii.
Alisa in the jacuzzi tub in the condo. It had a shower head and the kids LOVED it.
Everyone thought it was so funny that Jake could still eat an apple without the front teeth.
Jake eating Scott's pecan pie. 
I love this little princess!
Wow just look at that face! And those ponys. Love it after a nap.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh man! I love that last picture of Alisa. She is looking so much older! I always have to eat at Cafe Rio when I go to Utah. It's my favorite! Glad you had fun!

Kristi said...

The pics in the pool look soooooo cold! YIKES! You are amazing!
I always hear about Cafe Rio - if we all make it to womens conf next year we should go there!

So many cute pics - what a fun thanksgiving vacation!

Colleen said...

Snow or not, it looks like you had a really good time. Thanks for posting the pics! Now I am happy!!

Linda said...

Hahahaha! You are too funny Ali. And no! I was not being a slacker! Haha just kidding.

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

Looks like fun! But COLD....so you liked the Host? I really got into it, too. But really far fetched....not that vampires aren't...but where does she come up with this stuff?!

megan said...

Fun trip! And it looked so nice that it was cold!!!

JLJ said...

Will you email me your address so I can send you one of my exclusive Christmas cards? jenlj@mac.com