Monday, July 13, 2009

Only Mostly Dead... and some exciting news!

I've been "mostly dead" for about 3 weeks now, but I am starting to feel like myself again! Yea! There's always that turning point. I'm glad I finally hit it. My incision rarely hurts, and today I attacked (cleaned) the bathroom with a vengeance!

We have lots of pictures on the camera, so stay tuned!

Yesterday we committed to our new adventure: We are moving to the White Mountains for 6 to 9 months! Ah! :) It was not what we were planning, but we have felt the Lord sort of nudge us in that direction, so we are going! We are living in Show Low in a nice, gated, vacation-type community. I'm excited. It'll be like a 6 month vacation... a little weird that it's temporary, but we're pretty used to that... It's a beautiful area and we are moving close to Scott's uncle, aunt, grandma, and beautiful cousins. It'll be so nice to know someone there! We are excited to start our new adventure. Scott will work in a mobile dental clinic that drives out to the rez and work on school kids. It's a great opportunity to get his speed up and earn a little mula (which we can honestly say we've never had!).

Until then, we are at my parents house, which has been so, so, so nice with the extra help (from both grandparents and aunt Kelsi) while we try to adjust to three kids. Thank you!

Pictures to come later. Mostly, just wanted you all to know we are alive and finally kickin'.

13 comments:

Rachel said...

Good to hear all is well! Corey is going to die when he hears you will be living in the White Mtns for the next 9 months & he might even ask to move in with you:)

Porter's said...

i know how that "temporary" thing goes. we are living in an apartment right now until we find a house to buy. man, after being in a house it really sucks living in an apartment! hope you guys are doing good! we miss you:)

Heidi said...

Glad you're feeling better! Can't wait to see pictures!

megan said...

Yeah! That will fun! It will be fun to do something new I bet. Congrats! And I am glad you are feeling good- you guys have been BUSY since graduation!!

The Baum Squad said...

Welcome to the neighborhood. Oh wait,.....I don't live there anymore. :( This time of year, I'd give my right arm (oh, alright my left) to live in Show Low. You guys will love it. And the drive home is a snap. Good luck with everything! See you on the mountain.

Jacqui said...

I am excited for you! And why havent' we talked? Have you been busy or something? haha. I am going to call you. Now.

You must be talking about the Baum Squad beautiful cousin. I hop on her blog sometimes because she is so creative, entertaining and beautiful!

Camille said...

Thats crazy you finally made it to the end of dental school and just in time too...companies are not handing out loans like they used too. ahhh. Your dad was telling my mom somthing about Az paying for your loans to work for them...is that right or was he talking about the rez thing that we have considered as well? Let me know. And to answer your post like forever ago her name is Reaghan like Ronald Regan. =) Your new baby is soo soo cute i love all the hair what a beauty! Enjoy the help in flag glad you are feeling better!

JLJ said...

Hey Ali! I just read your birth story and saw all the beautiful pictures of Brooklyn. She is beautiful. And big! I'm so glad that things went smoothly for you. Going to the mountains for 6 months isn't such a bad gig - I'm sure it's much cooler there! Enjoy the 'vacation'!

Juls said...

I am sure my mom would watch the cuties while you go to the temple too! Enjoy Showlow!

Christy said...

Sounds exciting! Should be a great adventure. Isn't is amazing how the Lords plans sometimes differ from our but he alway has a plan, and in the end it is the best. When you get minute of free time give me a call.

Nicole Palmer said...

Cool! What a beautiful area. My in-laws live in Taylor maybe we can get together sometime when we are up for a visit... :0)

Lois said...

Hey, I just heard from Julie that you are moving to Show Low. You bet, I'd be glad to baby sit with just a little advanced warning. Welcome to the neighborhood.

newlymed said...

Congrats on your new baby Ali! I'm so glad to hear that your C-Section & recovery went well. and congrats to Scott on passing his boards and getting a job!