Monday, March 7, 2011

Make It a Short One, Mom

My kids are refusing to pray. We pray over every meal. We pray at bedtime and in the morning. Well, lately, my kids (even Brookie) decline the invitation to pray. While Scott was out of town last week, I called on Jake, then Alisa, then Brookie. No, mom! Well, I don't want to force prayers, so I said that I would say it.

I prayed a regular family prayer... I guess I must have prayed for awhile, because I heard movement and peeked. I saw Jake, unfolding and refolding his arms, mouthing the word Amen to me.

After I was finished, Jake complained at how long it was. The next time I let him choose who was going to pray, he chose me, then hesitated. He held up his finger and thumb (like an inch measurement) and said But mom, make it a short one!

1 comment:

Mindy and Marty said...

why are your kids so hilarious! that is a great story. i know about prayers...it's so hard! to keep them folding and bowing and kneeling...it's almost ridiculous. ha ha i love to hear other stories though and again i can totally picture you with your kids and how you handle them...your such a cute mom....i love to relate with you and your situations...so funny