Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Jake's Birthday Part 2

Ok, from FOREVER ago... Jake's birthday, part 2. Wow. Jake had one request for his birthday: Camping! So we went on a chilly April night to Beaver creek. We found a spot right by the creek, away from the group camp sites. It was perfect for our family. We had a great time, although I got a horrible night of sleep. I kept waking up to check on the kids, tuck them back in, put an extra sweatshirt and towel over Brookie, etc. It was not restful. It was a nippy 46 degrees. But the kids had a blast and I'm always glad we take them. 

Here is Brookie, all bundled up in the early morning hours, waiting for breakfast.
 Jake brought his sling shot and had a ball flinging things of nature.

 Yep, in all my morning glory. Brookie sporting a squint-eye look.


 The chef, cooking up some mean pancakes and bacon. Yum.
 After it warmed up a bit, we donned swimsuits and explored the creek. The kids were in heaven.






I've got a lot of catching up to do... little by little I'll get there. It's only the first day of school tomorrow! Sheesh. I am a blogging slacker!

No comments: