Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Back In Time... April, anyone?

I can't believe I haven't blogged since before 'Nam. Seriously. Did I mention my awesome sister-in-law got married? Yep, at the end of April. To Caleb Boone. We are all so happy for them... even after 6 months! My mother-in-law rocked the bridesmaid dresses. She made all 9 or 11 of them (can't remember... it was a lot!) with very little help from her mom and sisters. Aren't they darling?


 The new happy family! Aren't they sweet? It was a gorgeous day... not too windy, even for April in Flagstaff. The kids sure love having Ashlyn as their cousin.

 Wow, fuzzy picture. I may switch it out. Here is my birthday. I think we had cinnamon rolls? Whatever it was, I'm sure I really wanted it. Sorry I can't remember that far back.

 Looking murderous with my new cutco kitchen knife. I love it. And we supported a future missionary by buying it. 

 My mom so graciously threw me a family birthday party, made my favorite Mexican Barbeque and homemade carrot cake... to die for! I was in heaven. 
 Brookie was being her normal clingy self, so of course I couldn't put her down. But who was even more grumpy?
 This one. 
 Scott's parents gave me some china that was Grandma Gaye's. So nice of them!
 Jake and Grandpa at the Father and Sons campout.

 The whole crew, including Caleb and his dad.

 Jake and Scott almost overcame their fear of heights and braved the Eldon Lookout Tower.

 We had my parents over for a little birthday celebration for my mom... earthquake cake. Yum.
 Jake had an end of the year music performance. It was... good. He got pretty into it at the end.
Family campout at Grandma and Grandpa Seaman's. Not too far away but still in the woods. Brooke slept inside. It was pretty cold still. 


 Alisa's 4th Birthday 
 After unwrapping it, she gave this book to Jake. She is very generous that way.
 A nicer set of paints. She is our little artist. 

 Princess Castle birthday cake. I am ready to go pro. ha.

 Jake's last day of school/kindergarten graduation. You would think I could get it straight, but I got the time mixed up AND was running late. Scott made it for the last minute, literally. I made it for the post-ceremony party. He didn't notice. 
 Jenni and Caleb watched our kids all day long so we could go here:
 Despite growing up an hour away, I never hiked the Grand Canyon. It was a beautiful day and a lovely hike. Pretty uphill on the way out, but it was so much fun. 




 We hiked about 6 miles down to this overlook spot. It was a hot 100 degrees or so (no, I can't remember, it was too long ago). Scott was really nervous to take these pictures. He does not like heights. There was a little European guy that kept hanging himself off the cliffs and his girlfriend was taking pictures. That made us both nervous. 


 About this time, we got attacked by flying red ants. I am not kidding. They were swarming all around us and in our ears and up our shorts. It was horrible. Scott kept moving us from this side to that, but they would not leave us alone. They followed us a good way back on the path from lookout point. I swore that if they continued, I would run the rest of the way up. Lucky for me they eventually died out. 
 This was a big landmark, telling us we had very little to go (a mile? Maybe more). Scott was really happy to get there. What's funny is that there were posters in the bathroom stalls showing this athletic guy and saying these types don't make it back out and to drink lots of water and not go too far in a day. We thought it was funny at first, but then there really was a guy that looked like the poster child that was dying on the way back up. 
Well, folks, that is April and May. We'll see when I get to June!

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

Fun update! I need to do that. I have stuff from before Spring break that I haven't blogged. I don't even think I blogged Christmas! And if I don't, I forget. It takes so long to do it, but I am so glad when I do...oh and look, the pictures i was trying to download won't load. Go figure. Lame.