Thursday, November 10, 2011

Halloween 2011

The kids favorite activity... horsey!

 We went on a field trip to the fire station with my brother's coworkers. Brooke was rockin' the glasses.


 Jake showing off his muscles. He is so full of energy. I might look like this, too, if I never slowed down!


 Making pizza dough for a preschool snack. We have a good group of girls for our co-op preschool this year. 

 Play dough with our friend, Izzy. My girls just love Izzy and Maya and Lily. Brooke prays for them often. 
 Dresses from Grandma. Brookie must've grown like crazy, because it is way too small for her now (2 months later).


 Family Home Evening-Carving pumpkins with Grandma and Grandpa Crane. My mom is such a sport with pumpkins and... well, any activity with the kids. She is always up for anything with them and they have a great time playing with her (and my dad, too!).




She also brought caramel apples, which I HAD to taste, since it was homemade caramel from my Grandma Crane. YUM. 
 Messy cake batter face for... well, not sure what, but she's cute!
 Trunk or Treat
We had a great trunk or treat in the Church parking lot on Saturday night. It was that plus a tailgate party for those who didn't want to dress in costumes. 

Young Annikin Skywalker (sp?)

 Yoda--can you tell that she is not at all thrilled? She is such a girly girl. She was just fine with being Yoda in theory, but when it came down to it, she was not so happy. We are so mean.

 Princess Leia... easiest costume ever.

 The whole family---with Darth Vador and Queen Amadala (borrowed from a friend who hand-made it... pretty impressive!)

 Yoda with Uncle Caleb (still not happy about it, but isn't she so cute?)
 Luckily, we brought a back up princess outfit and then she was all smiles!
 Not my real hair... c'mon! I definitely don't have that much hair!
 Scott is wearing Jake's costume, with arms and legs wrapped around his back and pinned. I made him a quick cape from a scrap of fabric.
 Grandma taking Brooke trunk-or-treating.
 With cousin Ashlyn, who got a legit Tangled costume, complete with heavy wig, for her birthday.
 Halloween at the Y. I love this group of girls! We all wore tutus, but since I am rather cheap and didn't want to spend $10 on a tutu I'd wear once, I opted for a cheap Saver's one. 

And since I'm always late, I snapped this picture after our workout, hence the sweaty pits! Ew.

 Halloween Party and Grandma and Grandpa Seaman's! 

It was so fun. Linda planned this whole little party. When we showed up, she was dressed as a princess. The girls loved it. We had doughnut eating contests and played the mummy wrap game. 





 Brooke opted out and ate candy on the floor instead. She also didn't feel like dressing up for the party.

 Clobbering grandma with the toilet paper
 No date, but around the beginning of November it snowed. The kids were thrilled. I spent an hour getting their gear on (or so it seemed) and the went out to take pictures and got really upset when Jake pelted me in the neck with a snowball (I was in my robe). I calmed down and came back out to snap these. Snow clothes. I have a love-hate relationship with them. 






1 comment:

The Curry Family said...

Love the theme family costumes :)