Monday, June 2, 2008

Happy Birthday, Alisa-boo!

Here's the birthday girl! She slept in until 7:40 today. It was a miracle! :)
Little walk down memory lane. She was born via c-section after 36 hours of intense labor (8 days late). 8lbs. 5 oz. and who knows how long. I don't remember! Ha! I think it was around 4:00 am. Yes, that's what childbirth does... wipes out the memory (and brings great joy).
My two munchkins.
Was she really that little? Nice socks.
 I can't believe it's already been a year since she was born! We thought Jake was mellow and such a good baby (and he totally was), but Alisa is even more so. She is content to play alone, isn't clingy, rarely cries, is smiley all the time, loves Jake and loves us! She is a joy to have. I love her so much! We love her! We're so glad she was born into our family! Love you, Lisi-girl!

Here's the birthday cake. It's a 2 layer carrot cake (reduced everything to be a bit healthier). Yum!
Scott set up presents from G'ma and G'pa Seaman last night--a picnic table and a water table. She Loves them! So does her brother. Thank you so much!
G'ma and G'pa Crane gave her squirty toys for bath and water table and a baby stroller and a new dolly. Thank you!!!
Morning presents. I know, Christmas wrapping paper. Hey, she doesn't know the difference, right?
Digging in--1st birthday tradition. Doesn't everyone do this?
She was pumped about the cake. She made such sweet noises when she saw it!
Here's the stroller and dolly. She loves them! Thank you!
Lunch at the picnic table. They wanted it inside (mostly Jake did). 
Outside at the water table. Perfect height for her!
Videos: Alisa and Jake at the water table. Alisa eating cake and talking! Cute. She's so vocal now! Just fyi, Jake is really funny about us encouraging Alisa. He chimes right in. You'll hear it. He also points out when HE is standing on his own, or walking, saying things like, "I can walk all by myself! I am standing like Alisa! Yea!" it's pretty funny. Tonight we actually got her to walk a few steps on her own, and Jake had to walk some wobbly steps to me as well. Oh, well. He just wants in on the praise, I guess.

Funny Jake sayings:
Oh, there are my eye drops. Those are for when my eyes are googley. 
Mom, I want some slimey drink! (aka spicy drink, aka soda)

In the shower with me: Mom, do you have a pee-pee? 
(me) No, Jake.
(jake) Just Jakey has a pee-pee. And dada. Dada has a big pee-pee. Jakey has a little pee-pee.
(me, laughing) Yep, you're right.

8 comments:

Treasuring Life's Little Moments... said...

I can't believe they are ONE already!! This last year has just flown by! Alisa is just the cutest thing! Looks like she had a fun birthday. Her cake is really cute too! We are totally planning on the cake tradition tomorrow. Caiden wouldn't touch his so I finally smeared some on his face and took a picture. I am anxious to see what my girls do. Jake is a good big brother...SO CUTE!!

Jacqui said...

darn cute! I can't believe I forgot to call you. Actually, I didn't, I thought about it all day long, but when it came right down to it, nothing was settled in our house until 11:45 p.m. I figured even an hour earlier was too late to call.

What a fun birthday! I bet Jake is enjoying those gifts as much as Alisa (except the dolly--or is he?). Love ya. Need to call you soon. Or call moi.

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Alisa! It does go fast, doesn't it? I didn't realize that you practically had a repeat with her labor/birth too!

AshleyS said...

happy birthday alisa! that picnic table looks so fun. i've never seen a water table, those look fun too!

Cambrienelson said...

You are right: that year did go by fast! She is so cute!! Happy birthday alisa!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Alisa! It looks like she made out with some great presents! Grandparents are the best! The funny sayings about Jake at the end made me laugh pretty hard! Your LIttle Jake is a hoot!

Nicole Palmer said...

What a darling little girl!! AWESOME water table - where can I find one of those?!?! Looks like a fun birthday - it's funny how much Alisa looks like you & Jake looks like Scott - little minis! :0)

Camille said...

Oh how cool happy B day to her! Is her B day June 2nd? Piersons B day is June 2nd too. If it is they are exactly one year apart! That is a really cool water table. You have to find out where that one came from. Cute family, fun times.