Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Good News and Bad News

Good News: I do not have gestational diabetes! Yea. I had to take the 3 hour blood glucose test this time, which I've never had to do and is NOT fun. Everything is okay and I am good to go. 

Bad News: Despite all my feelings that my placenta was going to grow up and be completely normal, it is not. I still have placenta previa. I will have another ultrasound in about 5 weeks just to see if they can see anything (if it's moved up or if they can see that I have placenta accreta). It may not be bad news, but if I have placenta accreta (you usually can't tell until the c-section) it means the placenta has grown into the uterine wall and I will most likely have to have a hysterectomy. Ah! So, I would appreciate any prayers on my behalf. 

I was pretty upset at first, but I am feeling a lot of peace and hope I can have faith to accept whatever the Father's will is for me. 

I will post my fun, last-minute weekend getaway with mom and sisters later (with pictures, I promise). But now is a good time for a nap. Goodnight.

10 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so sorry Ali. You are always such a pillar of positivity and I respect you so much for it. I am glad that you have such a killer perspective. I really do hope everything goes well and will keep you in my prayers.

Kristin said...

You're in our prayers. :) everything will work out. And way to have an amazing perspective!

Jacqui said...

Ali, I love you. I will pray for you. Lump in throat. XOXO~ Big Sis

Carleton & Robyn said...

Ali, I'm so sorry to hear that. I will definitely pray for you. Sleep as much as possible. I don't know how you're doing it with 2 kids and one on the way!

Lindsay said...

Ali-hard to know what to say...except that I'm thinking about you and praying for you. Faith and prayer. Repeat.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Oh Ali! Good luck with this.

Melanie said...

We will definitely keep you in our prayers! I've learned a lot about submission to the Lords will lately. Its a hard lesson. We sure love you though.

Angie said...

Hang in there Ali, you are definitely in our prayers. Casey (Tommy's wife) had placenta accreta and did have a hysterectomy following it. It was really hard but I can say that it is an incredible blessing to know before hand that it is a possibility. So much can be done to prevent further complications like she faced after the birth of the baby. We almost thought we would lose her. I am so glad that either way it works out your and babies life can be watched carefully. Of course we hope this is not the case at all for you and are of course in our prayers. We love you guys. I am sure she would talk to you about it if you are interested.

Jinky said...

Great attitude to accept Heavenly Father's will. I certainly will keep you in my prayers. xoxo

Kristi said...

Oh Ali, my heart aches for you! We will continue to pray for you and we are so grateful to know you are in The Lords hands!
It was great to get to see you for a few minutes at WC!!!! You look great and that blanket is adorable!!!