Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day and old pictures

I had a wonderful mother's day, thanks to my thoughtful spouse and kids. I slept in (until 7:15 or so) and woke up to french toast (my favorite big breakfast) and cantaloupe, beautiful flowers and some homemade cards (the best kind). Church was normal, except I was lovingly pulled aside by the bishop to see how I was doing (with the whole possible hysterectomy). It was so thoughtful of him, I choked back the tears. I took a nap in the afternoon, cooked no food, did no dishes, bathed no kids. It was blissful! Once the kids were in bed, Scott and I watched the rest of David Copperfield. If you've never seen it, go check it out from the library. It is great! It was a beautiful mother's day and I feel so blessed! Thank you!

Here are some old pictures I thought I'd post. We went to the park a few weeks ago to attempt to fly the kite Grandma Seaman got (a tye fighter? I don't know. It's from Star Wars). We had a fun time even though the flying was unsuccessful.

Scott tried so diligently, I had to snap a picture of it.
They were so cute on the slide together.


Jake's swim teacher. He loved Miss Haley. I think she's brave for donning the strapless suit with a bunch of 4 year olds!
Jake with preschool friend, Emmy Fitch.
Jake with Mrs. Morales. He loves his teacher! She's great!
Jake's turn to be Student of the Week. He was so proud to explain all of the pictures.

5 comments:

Angie said...

I love how the smiles on your kids faces look like they might crack they are so big! It is soooo cute. We are praying that everything goes well for you in a few weeks, we love you all, hang in there!

Colleen said...

What a perfect mother's day! That's exactly how I wanted it when I had little kids. I loved being a mother, but it was nice, once a year, and maybe on my birthday, to just let someone else take over those things! You must have a good husband!

JLJ said...

Hey Ali- I must be out of the loop but I didn't know that you're facing a possible hysterectomy. I don't know what to say except that I love you and I hope everything goes ok for you.

Courtney said...

Ali your kids are so darn cute! I'm thinking of you and hope everything goes well. Love you lots!

The McCormick Family said...

An entire day off for Mother's Day?! Heaven!

Mrs. Morales looks so much better with that hair cut.