Thursday, May 7, 2009

Surprise Girl's Weekend

What a crazy trip! It was not a surprise that last weekend was a girl's weekend. My three sisters and mom were meeting in UT for BYU Women's Conference. I was really sad not to go, but didn't think it was possible as I am 7 1/2 months pregnant and Scott is nearing the end of dental school. 

My mom called Monday evening and asked if I'd like to use her southwest flight to come... on Wednesday! Somehow, we rearranged schedules and my saintly friend, Christy, watched my kids while Scott was at school on Thursday and Friday. Thank you, thank you, thank you! 

And a big shout out to Scott for rearranging his schedule to be at school as little as possible and for braving single parenthood for 5 days! It really is too bad that Alisa chose the night I left to climb out of the crib multiple times and not sleep until 10:30 pm! Ah! Poor Scott. So, Alisa is done with the crib, unless we get lucky and she returns. Jake now goes to sleep in our bed at night. Otherwise, they are partners in crime! 

Anyway, we had a wonderful weekend together. Too bad my sisters couldn't go to many classes. It was so fun to be together! We've never done Women's Conference all together, and haven't hung out since before Michelle's mission--2007? It's been awhile. I love my sisters!

These are out of order, but here we go:

Here we are for my late birthday dinner at Cafe Rio. I LOVE that place! A group of cute guys came in and I was picking up on them for my sister, Michelle. Yeah, they came running! 
Here's how Michelle decided to get the guys... straws up the nose. Gets 'em every time! We missed my littlest sis, Lisa, who was at work at P.F. Chang's, so...
...we decided to stop by for a little piece of the Great Wall of Chocolate. It was huge and we devoured it! The curly cutie on the end is actually my mom... I know, she looks young! :)
Mud masks and facials the next day, courtesy of Nuskin's greatest employee (thanks, Michelle!).
Even my nephew wanted in on the action--well, he wanted to be Incredible Hulk. 
We also stayed up chatting or playing games on Friday and Saturday night until 3 am! Ah! It's been a long time since I've done that. I ended up sleeping in with earplugs on Sunday until 10:37 and hitting 11:00 church. 

Women's Conference Pictures. It was good to be back at the Alma Mater. I love the Mariott Center. I just wish my legs, feet, and fingers didn't swell up like sausages. Seriously! I was a puffy mess. Those chairs cut off the circulation--especially on pregnant women!



It was fun to hang out with my Aunt Sandy, too. She's my mom's younger sister and so fun!
Thank you, thank you, thank you, mom! Happy Birthday to me! Yes, Jacqui, to me! :) Thank you for the wonderful weekend.

7 comments:

Jacqui said...

No, you've got it all wrong. Happy Birthday to ME!! (POUT!) My pretty pony's ugly...wah, wah, wah.

Haha. Man, that was so fun. We definitely need to make it a tradition. So glad we could hang together. THANK YOU, Scott and Christy.

I love you. I miss you. Can't wait to see you again!!

Colleen said...

You guys are cracking me up. We did have some sweet times, didn't we?

Kristi said...

Seriously - what is up with those chairs - my feet were like 4 times their normal size! Good times! I am so glad that you got to go!!!!

Kristin said...

my goodness could the women in your family get any better looking? geez!

Ashley said...

Oh that is so fun. I am so glad that you got to do that. I am so jealous of Cafe Rio right now. Nothing quite hits the spot like the giant tortilla salad wonder.

Laura Mc said...

I'm glad you got to get away--looks like you had a lot of fun! I keep hearing about cafe rio--maybe, someday...

Carleton & Robyn said...

What a hot mama! What a fun trip.