Thursday, June 18, 2009

I Believe in Miracles!

We had an ultrasound with the perinatologist yesterday and the results are... I don't have placenta previa anymore! It is literally a miracle and mercy from God. Thank you for all of your prayers on our behalf. Two weeks ago, my placenta was still low-lying (covering my cervix and c-section scar) and really nothing short of a miracle moved it up! I am so grateful and blessed. The perinatologist did say that my placenta looks pretty vascular, but my doctor is not very concerned about a hysterectomy anymore, as the placement of my placenta takes it out of the high risk zone.

Happy baby day to us! We are scheduled for the c-section today at 1pm. The reason for the rush? Our little Brooklyn is already 9 lbs. 3 oz. and squished! So my mom raced over here (literally turned around from going to work so she could pack up and come over--what a saint, I know!) last night and is here playing with my kids so we can go in. I'm so grateful! And my mother-in-law is just as willing to drop whatever and come whenever. I have the best family ever. Thank you!

Here is baby Brookie the day before birth:

Jake gave Grammy lots of "wonderful gifts" this morning.
The Redlands temple. While I was there, one inspired lady told me exactly what I needed to hear. Heavenly Father knows we need all the help we can get and when we demonstrate our faithfulness, He always helps and blesses us! Simple, but just what I needed to hear, and I know it's true!

11 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

What great news! I'm so glad it seems to be looking good. What a little chub you'll have!

mary said...

What an amazing blessing!!! Good luck today!!!

Lindsay said...

wow-wow-wow. That is such wonderful news-I hope everything goes well today. And the next post is pictures of Brooklyn!

AshleyS said...

that is the most wonderful news! have fun today, I can't wait to see Brooklyn. sooo happy for you, call if you need anything!

Lori said...

Oh- that is so great! We're excited for you guys... today is going to be such a wonderful day!

Jacqui said...

Prayers answered, for sure! That baby Brookie is WAY too cute! Maybe she'll bump McQueen off as the record holder as #1 LUG baby. Haha.

PS Love Jaker's wonderful things. What is that cape thing? It looks awesome!

Melanie said...

We're so happy for you. we've been praying for you. i believe in miracles too. congratulations on the new arrival. i hope you heal quickly! can't wait to see pics.

Jinky said...

Wonderful news! --Happy Birthday Brooklyn ... looking forward to meeting you. Recover well Ali and congratulations to you all!!

Lois said...

Hi Ali, we have been praying for you too. So happy for the first miracle. Can't wait for the update. Love you!! Aunt Lois

Andy & Jen said...

that is so wonderful! miracles do happen : ) cant wait to meet little brooklyn

Rachel said...

Wonderful news! We've been thinking about you and we're so happy things have turned out well!