Saturday, February 6, 2010

In Another Place

I just finished The Hunger Games. I am in another place mentally--in the arena. I should've realized I would finish it in two days and requested the second book from the library. Now I have to wait... grrr! I LOVED it and didn't want to put it down. Scott and I went on a date last night and he said he was surprised I didn't take the book with us. Ha.

I picked up a copy of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe from the library. It has some illustrations in it. I remember my mom saying she read it to my sister and I when we were 4 and 2. Scott reads it to Jake every night and he LOVES it! He said he was Aslan tonight. I think we'll pick up another one in the series or maybe a different classic, like Charlotte's Web or Black Beauty (neither of which I've read) and read some more. I am so excited that he is at the age where he likes to listen to books and can follow along.

Brooke is officially done nursing. I am still pumping a bit just to ease out of it, but she started taking milk based formula. She won't touch the soy stuff. It hasn't been too bad. She's been a bit gassy, but may finally be over the whole milk allergy thing. Yay! I am finishing up the last of the soy milk, then it's back to cow's milk and string cheese and yogurt. Yooray.

Welp, I think I will go find something to keep my mind off of the Hunger Games... read it, if you haven't.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

That's always nice when they can start taking the bottle.
Your so good at reading classic stories to your kids. I need to do better at that.

Jacqui said...

I finished both books in like four days. So good!

BTW, what are those books called that Jake reads on his own? Interested for McQueen...

Rachel said...

I read Hunger Games and Catching Fire over Christmas... Corey was so mad the whole time because all I could do was read:)

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

I can't believe you made that dress!!! You can't say you aren't craftsy. I could never do that! And Tristan went through about 2 months of biting me. It HURTS SO BADLY!!!!! Crazy kids.

megan said...

I love your updates! Hope you are doing well! The Hunger Games are amazing!! I read them as well within a few days! They are too good!

Carleton & Robyn said...

What are the books about? I love the dress you made. Good for you! I checked out the blogs you put up and they're way cute.

Katie said...

The real question...are you on Team Peeta or Team Gale? Because if you're on Team Gale, I just don't know if we can continue with this friendship? ha ha! That would be sad...because then I would have to end my friendship to Ashley Burr and even my own sister. ha ha.

Kristi said...

LOVE that book! so great! My kids all love the Chronicles of Narnia too, I think the only one that bored them was the horse and his boy. ( I think that is what it is called!)
Ya, D-land was cold the day it rained all day - other than that it was warm enough for short sleeves everyday- although we were the only ones wearing them! ;)