Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Jake's Birthday Part I

Jake's birthday... April 9... it snowed like 2 feet! It was crazy weather, and cold. And he had a cold so he didn't even get to play outside. It was really fun, though. We did family presents in the morning. Jake was thrilled. Unfortunately, he had to ride his scooter inside. He whispered to me that he likes his scooter, but mom, I don't like pink! (it is read, but the wheels look a little pink). Still, it was a fun day. We had everyone over for fajitas at night. Jake really, really wanted a wedding style cake, with tiers, so I tried to comply. It was a delicious homemade chocolate cake with ganache frosting. Did I mention delicious?! I tried making it a little more kid looking with sprinkles...I can't believe my baby is six!

Brookie is really into Jake's Batman towel lately. She requests it after the bath and insists on the mask. It is hilarious. Proof below.








6 comments:

Jennifer said...

How is it possible that a busy mother of three in sweats and an apron can be so stinking BEAUTIFUL!?!? You make me sick, Ali. :) (In a good way, of course)

Jacqui said...

How fun! Wish we could have partied with you all. And how fun that Miss Alisa got a girl cousin near her age when Aunt Jenni got married. She must be in hog heaven dressing up with her!

Love Brookie's smile. And Jake is six! And we forgot to send his gift down with Mom and Dad. I didn't even realize it until a couple of weeks later. Sorry, Jakey! I can't believe that MY baby turns 12 this year!!!!

Carleton & Robyn said...

Ali, the pic of you with the two kiddos is so so pretty. You have always been so pretty. It looks like you are so happy. I can't believe the pics of your bros and sis-they're grown up?!

JLJ said...

Yum, that cake looks good! And so do you in that apron! But I don't want to eat you. (Thought I'd better clarify).

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

Great job with the cake!!! I loved your Mother's Day posting-- such is the life of a mother! :)

Jessica Daly said...

How fun! I love the cake :) And your apron is adorable!!