Saturday, November 7, 2009

Prayers

Jake's prayers are a crack-up. He prays for the food every time, whether or not we are eating. Some other things recently said:

Please help us to drive safely when we go to Utah... for Thanksgiving... right, mom?

Please help my friends to be safe and happy with their families.

Please help Alisa to be reverent and to stop drinking and fold her arms when I am praying...

Please help dad not to sleep during my prayer.

Speaking of prayers, please keep Brookie in yours. She is going to be sedated and have an MRI in the next couple of weeks. She won't lift her left armpit/shoulder more than halfway. She screams in pain when we try. She stretches her right arm all the way up, but her left one remains at her side. She has the use of her hand and her arm, for that matter, but doesn't lift it. She saw a pediatric orthopedic surgeon the other day, and a normal x-ray showed nothing. I'll keep you posted. The MRI should tell us what damage, if any, is in there. Then we can plan what to do (sugery--oh, I hope not!--or physical therapy).

Other than that, I am still off of milk products and she is normally a pretty happy (although touchy) baby. She has been sleeping between 10 and 11 hours at night (thank heavens!). This may be due to the fact that I load her up with ibuprofen before bed. She is teething. Oh, joy. She is a joy, though I can safely say that she is our hardest baby yet. And we thought we had it all figured out...

9 comments:

Bethi said...

I love it when you post what those cute kids say! They are hilarious! Sorry about little Brookie!! So sad! I hope that it is nothing too serious... :( I thought Luke was teething like 2 months ago! Nothing yet. Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas! You are in our thought and prayers! Love you guys!

Heidi said...

Oh, poor Brookie! I'm so sorry she's in pain. Hopefully they can figure out what is wrong. We'll keep you guys in our prayers!

Linda said...

Thanks for the terrific Mommy you are to your beautiful kids. You do a wonderful job, Ali. We are praying for our little Brookie. We love you all.

Harward Family said...

Poor Brookie....we will keep you guys in our prayers. I hope they can figure out what is bothering her arm.

Jacqui said...

I meant to call you all day. If I forget tomorrow and you remember, call me. Have lots to talk about! Love you and your fam.

XO

Bethi said...

I think I have a nudist too. He is actually sitting on my lap right in just a diaper. He loves not wearing clothes and he is actually more vocal when he's a free man! Silly kids. At least they'll have fun at Christmas together! ;)

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

ack. let us know how the MRI goes (or went, depending on when she does it).

Kristi said...

It is always when you think you are starting to get things figured out.....
How did the MRI go? Any diagnosis yet? Every one of my kids went through something similar though there was no pain invloved. They refused to use their left arm or hand! Diagnosis - watching Mom. Emma was the worst at it b/c she didnt have any other example around enough to show her how to use 2 arms. Weird hu?

Sorry - I know it has nothing to do with your sitiation, just a weird story.... Our prayers are with you all!

kai and steph said...

hope you guys are ok. Brookie is so dang cute. its hard when you know they are hurting. we will be thinking of you.