Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Today I decided to quit

Well, I didn't decide to quit (although on Sunday I was sure feeling that way!). After a discussion about how cousin Ethan used to bite his nails, but quit, Jake proudly announced that he decided to quit biting his nails. Alisa chimed in that she had decided to quit licking her lip (which results in a really ugly, chapped bottom lip). Last night Jake decided, "today I decided to quit eating my boogers!" and Alisa decided to stop biting her nails today, too. Well, we are full of resolutions around here.

Before I forget, Brookie is hilarious. She recognizes letters (not individually) and calls them all "H." When she wants to color or draw, she says, "H" repeatedly. She can sing most of her abc's, only skipping a few letters. It is darling. But don't ask her. She does not perform. Is anyone really surprised by that? Now if she could just get those sea legs fixed... she is getting more stable but still no walking on her own. I'm sure it'll be soon.

She has also started really playing with her siblings. She growls at Alisa, kisses her babies, loves books (pronounced with a t), always wants me to "watt" with her, and has mastered the stairs. I love her. I'm glad she is so cute and she is mine. Otherwise I may have given her away by now! Just kidding. Kind of. I love her. I love all my kids. I feel very blessed.

I may have said this, but when we start a prayer with her, she chimes in "Jatey, La-la, Da-da, Ma-ma, Jatey... Jesus... 'Men!" It is the cutest prayer. She is a sweetie. Mostly.

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

Can you get Jake to help Ethan have the same resolve about the boogers? Please?!