Thursday, December 16, 2010

Traffic School... oh, how I detest you!

I got my FIRST EVER speeding ticket coming home from Salt Lake the week before Thanksgiving. I was so, so careful, up until that point, to have the cruise set and not speed. Then, the speed dropped to 55, then up to 65, then back down, then back up... I just left the cruise off, but when Jake would not stop whining about going to the bathroom and dropping a sucker, I guess my attention was elsewhere and I turned into lead-foot. So, $209 later, I am doing online traffic school. As we speak. You have to take a certain amount of time for each section, so I am letting the clock tick away. What a waste.

Please don't get me wrong. I am not blaming Jake. It is utterly my fault. I didn't even know how fast I was going. The bummer is that it was a city police officer, not a highway patrol. I got no break. I got no sympathy. He did let my mom take the kids potty outside of the vehicle while he wrote up a nice fat ticket.

I am really enjoying reading many, many statistics from 2006, and a few from 2001. I hope none of these random numbers are on the final test.

Oh, good. My time for Module 1 is up. Here goes... 47 minutes in module 2. Total time: at least 4 hours, but not to exceed 4 1/2 hours. **sigh**

2 comments:

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

BOO on traffic tickets and traffic school. Sorry! :(
So funny the difference between boys & girls. Tristan has been walking for forever....but isn't anywhere close to knowing letters or anything like that!
I'm scared of your calling. Haha. I seriously would rather have mine, as funny as that sounds. I am always amazed that our girls can pull off such awesome meetings. I am a terrible party planner! I bet you'll do a fabulous job!!!

Jacqui said...

I feel guilty. So sorry! UT's test is lame, too, but not NEARLY as lame as AZ's. You got pulled over in the exact same spot as I did--it is the most ridiculous spot and I swear they do a speed trap there. Luckily I had a Highway patrol guy and I think he was outside his jurisdiction anyway. That doesn't really make you feel better, though, does it? Lol. :( Boo. No fun. But I love you and am so glad it's over!