Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ah, life with Jake.

Jake was sitting at the table the other day playing with playdough. He wanted a little toy boat and said to Scott, "Can I please have the boat, dada? [pause] I asked very nicely!" Guess we've said that phrase before!

Jake is very particular about the way we fold our arms or clasp our hands for the prayer. He stops in the middle of his prayer all the time to say (and I quote), "No, mama. Like this. Tuck the arm under there!" and "Dada, hands like this! No fold the arms!" First signs of OCD? :)

He pooped on the potty the other day (yes, my life revolves around his poop) and he got down and said, "I'm so proud of you! High five!" and gave me a great high five, after which we promptly washed our hands (not that he does the wiping!).

Here's Jake with Hallie. After they saw how stunning Alisa looked in her hat, they had to wear their own.

Alisa looking...pouty? She's doing great teething...not too crabby and goes almost directly to sleep after a dose of Tylonol. Just kidding. She just woke up for the fourth time in about 30 minutes!


Well, thought Jake would be Superman again this year. Doesn't he look buff? He thought there was something wrong with it. The costume even fits better than last year! He has told everyone who asks that he is going to be Peter Pan. I'm working on a costume, thanks to leftover felt from my friend Christy.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I didn't know Alisa had popped some teeth! It's such a momentous occasion for the first child! I thought you'd send an email or something!