Tuesday, October 30, 2007

All Grown Up


Jake at 5 months--Alisa's age now!


Jake post-baby. All grown up!


Alisa at 4 months? just to see the difference. They look nothing alike! Alisa looks much more like me--double chin included! :) Ha.

Well, Jake is down for a nap but not asleep. He is locked in his room--yes, I am sorry but sometimes it is necessary so he'll sleep at all! Don't worry, I unlock the door when he's asleep--and at the door calling to me, "Mama...mama..." I don't answer, so he gets more personal with "Ali...Ali...are you there?" I don't remember when he figured out my name, but he uses it at the most random times!





Yesterday in the car he said, "Mom, I want to take off my shoes, but I can't. Can you?" He is starting to talk in paragraphs and very complete sentences and I don't know what to do with myself. I can't have a child this old! Ah! He's so grown up!

7 comments:

Colleen said...

That is so hilarious and so like Jake! Ali..? He is a smartie!

Colleen said...

What do you mean, they don't look anything alike? They both have arms, legs, two eyes, two ears, lips, noses...they're almost twins!

snlbarney said...

Hey Ali! I blog hopped over from Megan - it is so fun to get an inside look into the Seaman Crew:) It was fun having Jake and Alisa over today -- Ethan was in heaven, and Malia loved having a little baby to look at! Anytime you need me, let me know:)

Anonymous said...

Ali, Your kids are adorable! I know how you feel about them growing up, I try to enjoy them, but some days I want to lock myself in my room! Whatever with your comment about a double chin, your daughter is beautiful and so are you!

Ali said...

Hey, Thanks Lins. They loved it! Jake is kid-company-starved sometimes and is soooo social! We'll have to have them play again sometime.

Ashley said...

Hey! Why didn't you tell me you joined this pseudo-obsessive-psychotic movement?! I'm so excited. I love that Jake calls you Ali. What a smart kid; learning the art of emotional manipulation early.

AshleyS said...

That is the cutest picture of Jake. I love pics of babies looking up at the camera. I don't know why, but probably because that's how I first saw my baby, laying on my chest looking up at me. It's crazy how fast they grow.

(ps. I'm a little sore today)