Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Petting Zoo--part 2 of today's post

Ok, so most of you know I am NOT an animal lover. I must love Jake a lot to take him to the petting zoo to be surrounded by animal pee, poop, and smell, not to mention enduring the attack of the killer goats and sheep and pigs! I bought a thing of food thinking Jake and Hallie would like to feed the animals...Alisa and I almost got clobbered! Good thing a tour group came to distract the animals so we could live to tell the tale...


Before we left, Jake had sat in some sheep pee-pee, Hallie stuck her foot in the drinking water, which looked disgusting, Alisa and I had been jumped on by multiple goats, and I almost let all the goats and sheep out when we opened the gate. It was an adventure, to say the least! Thanks, Melissa (red hair, green shirt) for coming with and watching the kids while I took Jake potty...twice!

This was Oak Glen, where there are lots of apple orchards. I broke down and bought a carmel apple covered with milk chocolate and toffee...yeah, I am weak. I also bought a bag of apples and am sorry to say they were a disappointment. Mushy. I'll have to try my hand at reduced fat and sugar apple crisp...unless someone has a healthy apple recipe to get rid of them.





4 comments:

Jacqui said...

You are a brave woman, Ali. Hilarious, too. Love the post. That is one big, fat, hairy pig Jake is hugging.

Jacqui said...

YOU'VE been TAGGED! Go to my blog and check out the rules to play. it's fun and only takes a sec. loveya!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I had no idea you didn't like animals. I don't either. Did you guys have a dog growing up ever? We had a number of stray cats we'd feed until they got run over on the street in front of our house. I never got real attached. Matt says if our kids ever want a pet he's going to gang up with them against me...I don't know if he really would, but I"m not looking forward to that day if it ever comes.

Colleen said...

I bet Jake was in hog heaven, literally! He amazes me how unafraid he is of animals. Fun stuff.