Thursday, November 15, 2007

We are SPOILED!


[santa came early]

We are totally spoiled. First off, we got an early Christmas present and talk about making my Christmas! Thanks, Seamans! I have ALWAYS wanted a big tree and have had that cheap wal-mart one (small) for 10 years now. So, THANK YOU SO MUCH! We are soooo happy to have a big tree!

[warm weather]

Second, here is the kind of weather we are enjoying...I'll just say that yesterday at 9 am I went in the house to get my make up, leaving Jake and Hallie in the back for less than a minute. I heard a whoosh sound and came out to this:




Yes, only in SoCal do we have 85 degree weather mid-November! Ha! Spoiled by the sun. I love the warm weather. Here is the aftermath...and not the first time Jake and Hallie have bathed together:


[eating christmas]

Well, two days ago Jake ate a Christmas light (and yes,we do have them up already!) and yesterday I came into the room (after being our for less than a minute again) to broken Christmas balls on the ground and Jake trying to eat the shiny coating off a red ball! The kid's got issues! I don't know why he's eating our Christmas, but there you have it.

7 comments:

Jacqui said...

You're funny, Al. I enjoy reading your posts. Great tree! "Lucky" (Napoleon Dynamite). Awesome weather. Jared told me it was 90 yesterday in San D. That would be nice. It's about 45 here. Brrr. But it's been 60, so can't complain too much. Can't wait to see you and those little munchkins! (How many times can I say that?) Will be posting Ethan's b-day on our blog soon.

Colleen said...

eating glass christmas balls and lights? Let's hope he doesn't swallow!

Juls said...

I am jealous that you already have them up! I told Aaron about Jacqui's Christmas music policy...he wouldn't go for it. He is a very strict after Thanksgiving man. OH good luck! My oldest loved to stick her fingers in the balls and cut them quite a few times. I know that David will be eating them too!

snlbarney said...

It is goog to know that I am not the only mother who leaves for one second, and the boys go wild:) Ethan is excited to see Jake tomorrow... I have a video with their name on it:)!

Jacqui said...

Al--who is Jill? You have her link on your blog. She is hilarious! I have been reading her blog over the past few days. Funny girl> I assume a missionary companion? She's still in Honduri!

PS--I got PLASTIC glitter-covered balls at K-mart. They're by Martha Stewart, and while they sound horribly tacky, they are really pretty. I got tired of kids breaking balls, and of being scared to leave them by the Christmas tree for fear they'd slice and dice themselves. Just a thought. They were not too expensive when on sale.

newlymed said...

I felt very spoiled after IMing with one of my mision companions. Both of us are building a house, but the one we're building is significantly larger. I just felt really blessed to live in the US. We have lots of great opportunities for prosperity. Whether it's being able to buy a house or putting up your tree early, we are spoiled. And your kids are too cute!

Anonymous said...

Yikes, I can't believe that he was licking the glass balls. They could looking very tasty if you think about it...