Thursday, November 6, 2008

Pony Tail, Bandaid King, & Terrible Twos

Here are our first attempts at a pony in Alisa's hair. Notice the placement. I had to take it out (and Jake took it out once, too) and try again for closer to where hair would normally be. Poor little baldy!


















Part of Jake's trick-or-treating got him a whole bunch of fun bandaids, which he decided to immediately use, despite the fact that he did not have one scratch. 














Alisa's FIRST EVER pony. Like the outfit? Nice shirt. Mom of the Year.














My little angel asleep in her crib with the blanket my Grandma Crane quilted for me. What a sweetie! 














Look who's also a sweetie in his sleep! Here is our choo-choo boy (Polar Express jammies and robe from last year--thanks, Grandma). He is mostly out of the Terrible Twos but he sure knows how to push my buttons. I am trying not to react. I went to the grocery store today at 4:15 pm. First mistake. With both kids. Second mistake. We were all hungry because of daylight savings time. Third mistake. I had no room to make Jake sit in the cart. Fourth mistake. I HATE grocery shopping with kids. Especially with a hyperactive smarty-pants like Jake. I love him to death, but sometimes I want to run him over with my cart! Especially when he is on the opposite end, pushing with all his might against me. I finally gave up, bought a rotisserie chicken, and we (meaning mostly Scott) made some killer chicken salad sandwiches on sourdough toast with cranberry sauce and brie. See recipe here

Anyhow, he really is a good kid. So sweet most of the time. It's so fun to watch him grow. And to watch him sleep. Peaceful. I love him. Will I ever learn not to react? Ah!!!

7 comments:

Juls said...

I have put band aids in kids stockings for that exact reason! cute posts!

Derek and Bethi said...

Such cuties! Her hair is so cute! I love the pony! Can't wait to see you guys!

Colleen said...

Love the ponytail, love the bandaids, love the shirtless overall outfit (you're a good mom to let her go shirtless in 90 degree weather!), and they are such angels when they are sleeping. So precious!

The Dish said...

hi Ali! I came across your blog through the Harward's I hope you don't mind. It has been great to reconnect and catch up with you at preschool! These are adorable pictures of your kids!

Camille said...

LOL i love the run him over with the cart comment. Although Pierson usually does pretty good at the store as long as i open whatever i buy and let him snack as i shop i mostly get my run over the kid moments after he wakes up from his nap....grouchy grouchy grouchy! Anyways thank heavens for modern times and pre cooked chickens. What the heck did the pioneers do!?!

Anonymous said...

I love sleeping kids!

Ashley said...

Hey Ali, (this is Ashley Scott's cousin) so I was doing my usual blog stalking and and I was reading the Jen Fausets blog and the post about name ideas for boys. I was reading the comments and I saw yours and I had to tell you how funny I thought it was because you talked about the name Jace. Did you guys know that my brother Tyler named there little guy (who is 8 months old now) Jace? It is a lot of ss but it is still cute I think too like you! Jace Dee Seaman (after Grandpa's middle name) Anyway I love to see your posts and your cute family! Hope you guys are doing well and say hello to Scott for me!