Monday, January 5, 2009

Crane Christmas

As always, totally out of order pictures... and lots of them! It was so fun and crazy to have all five of my siblings, four spouses, one returned missionary (viva Chile!), and six crazy kids in my parents' house. We survived! I hope they did, too. Thanks, mom and dad, for being such great hosts, as always! 

Trip highlights:
*Christmas shopping with ALL of my sisters WITHOUT the kids for FIVE hours (thanks, mom and dad!)
*Caroling at the fire station where my brother works. I have a greater appreciation for firefighters/police officers/etc. that keep us safe YEAR ROUND. Thanks. And thanks for the ride in the truck. The kids were thrilled!
*Swimming at the new aquaplex in Flag. The water slides were fun and the kids area is a blast!
*Sledding and playing in the fresh snow. I love a white Christmas!
*Seeing Michelle's missionary pics (some of them) and hearing her stories. I was taken way back almost 7 years ago when I got home from Honduras. Awesome. Amazing. 
*Lisa cutting my hair. Love you, Flea.
*Seeing Twilight (finally!) and the adventure that we went through to get there! Brrrr!
*Christmas morning with crazy, excited kids and a HUGE breakfast around noon. YUM!

Okay. So here is my firefighter bro, Josh, being sweet with Alisa. He's going to be a daddy in just a few months! Ignore the amazing photography skills. Nice thumb.
The four youngest in the bath. They were hilarious. I claim the bald one and the toothless one.
Trying to take a family picture before my bro. went back to San Diego. Did someone else get a better shot? Sheesh.
My skinny-minnie mom who's lost 30 lbs. this year! Yikes, mamacita!
My VERY skinny dad who's lost 150? I can't remember. It's a lot. We bought him MEDIUM shirts. He used to be 3XL. Ow, ow!
Sorry, flea. Here's Scott and I on Christmas morning in all our morning glory, with my sis mid-sentence and my sis-in-law Tarah.
Alisa, ever domestic. Thanks, mom and dad!
Babies. And just look out the window. Isn't that snow breathtaking? Yes this IS Arizona!
Guess who? Duh-duh-duh, du-du du, duh-du-duh... Jake got this sweet Darth Vador mask from his cousin in a cousin gift exchange. He slept with it that night. Here's a direct quote: "I am so happy! I had a dream that it wasn't Christmas and I got a Darth Vador mask and Santa didn't come but I got a Darth Vador mask and I was so happy!"  Light saber (very specifically had to be a Darth Maul light saber) courtesy of Santa after a very rainy, windy, cold day at Disneyland just for the purchase!
This is what we woke up to Christmas morning. All the kids piled on these two mattresses (with my sister), pacified by a diet Sierra Mist. It's easier to wait to go down and see the loot if you are enjoying a soda at 7 am! Good planning, Jacqui!
First time helping Santa this year. We didn't finish until 2 am. How exhausting! What a lot of loot!
Alisa helping reprogram my parent's computer--cousin Corban trying to help.

Alisa and Eliza playing with Grammy's doilies after we put away the glass trees on top of them.
Gingerbread houses. The boys ate the candy. The girls (Alisa included) decorated. Fun!
Rocking out to some awesome Christmas tunes!
Grammy and Alisa on the homemade sledding hill.
Alisa loved the snow. She kept taking off her hat and gloves so she could touch it. Brrr!
Jake in action on the hill.
Scott was so good to take the kids outside to play--mostly while I napped. So glad I'm getting my energy back! 
Sledding with cousins after a fresh snowfall. It was beautiful!

6 comments:

Jacqui said...

YAY! I am so glad you posted this. You are way ahead of me. I'm scared to download my 180 pictures on my decrepit computer. Even my external drive is giving me grief. I love your pics, though. Let's both make CD's of them and exchange. What say you?

Such a fun time!! Miss everyone already.

AND YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY about Scott's boards. He's such a smartie pants.

Kristi said...

Fun times! I STILL have not gone to the Auquaplex- thanks for the reccomendation! You sure were busy over Christmas! Looks like it was a crazy household (all those kids!) - but a ton of fun!

Caitlin said...

Oh my gosh...how did your parents lose all that weight...thats really great whatever they did. It looks like you had a lot of fun. Wasn't that so cool to get snow on Christmas? I mean it snows here but when did we last wake up with it snowing on Christmas? Maybe in Flag it has more than here. Cash has the same jammies as Jake. So cute. How are you feeling?

Colleen said...

Love the blog! Love the pics! We did have some awesome times. Two corrections...or maybe I just need clarification. Six crazy kids? Which one isn't crazy? (as there are 7)And the tub picture...four youngest? No, Corban isn't in there. The very youngest is missing. It's going to get more complicated in just a few months! Two more on the way! It's awesome! But, will I be able to keep it all straight? Thanks for posting! You know it makes my day!

Colleen said...

That picture of Alisa with the doily on her head is priceless!

Carleton & Robyn said...

Your Christmas looked like it was fun. You even got to see the snow. Your parents look great! Good for them!