Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter and the Haps

We had so many pre-Easter egg hunts we chose not to have one the day of Jake's party (Saturday before Easter Sunday). So the Easter bunny just left some baskets with eggs filled with candy and fruit snacks for the kiddos. They were thrilled, and actually gobbled up the fruit snacks before touching the candy. My deprived kids. No fruit snacks. 

On Easter Sunday we got up early so Scott and I could sing in church with our friends, Ginger and Lee. It was a great Sunday. After our own little Easter dinner (ham, potatoes, rolls, green beans), Scott gave a lesson on the Resurrection of Jesus. Some funny things happened during it. I hope they aren't sacrilegious to share. 

First, Alisa started humming the Darth Vador theme song while Scott was showing pictures of the crucifixion. Then when he was talking about Jesus having owies in his hands and feet after the Resurrection, Alisa sang (to the tune of Old McDonald), "Jesus owies in the hands. E-I-E-I-O!" We were trying not to laugh. At least she was listening!

Here are the kids in their Easter outfits. We are getting pictures taken this Saturday... it's been a year! Can't wait (to get the pictures back. Taking pictures is not that fun...).


Last week Alisa said, "I wub poo" without prompting! She has said it ever since and it's the SWEETEST thing. She also says, "Where's Jakey? I dunno!" and other funny little phrases. She is getting much more verbal lately. She's also really into colors, but doesn't know them at all. She picks up whatever and says, "green!" or "blue!" She is mostly right about pink, though. She'll get it. I feel like a slacker because I am pretty sure that Jake knew his colors before two. Oh, well.

Jake started swim lessons at the Y last week. It was a rough first day. He is such a fish, just had a hard time with the first one. So I finally got sick of him whining and clinging to me. I picked him up by the hands, dangled him in the water, and dropped him in. I know, I sound like a MEAN MOM. But really, his teacher held him for about one minute, then he warmed up. He was at the wall dunking his head in over and over, and volunteering to be the first at the kick board, the jumps, etc. He really is a fish. I hope we can swim as much this year as last year. He got really good and was diving into Lake Powell from the shore by August. He now LOVES swim lessons, by the way. It was for his own good, right???

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

Beautiful kids! I love their outfits.

I'm so glad you wrote down their funnies on Easter. Hilarious!

And I wouldn't worry about Alisa. Jake knew more than most kids I know by 18 months. Don't fret. And dont' be surprised if your next boy doesn't know anything until he's THREE! :)

Love you.

Katie said...

Your kids looked so cute on Easter Sunday! Oh, and if it makes you feel any better...I didn't know my alphabet when I started kindergarten...being the youngest of 5 kids. Fortunately, I picked it up in no time!

Barbara said...

Oh my! Your kids are just too too CUTE! I cannot believe how fast Jake is growing up! I totally remember when he was born! You have a beautiful family!

Jenny said...

Wow your kids look adorable in their Easter outfits. I love Jake's vest, super cute.