Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jake!

We had one crazy week last week! So busy! Glad it's over!
We started the day with pancakes and ended it with a small birthday cake. He was thrilled.
Jake opened his presents in the morning and was pretty hyper the whole day.

He kept saying, "Is I four yet?" and then answering, "no" until after the cake. I can't believe my baby's four! 
We had a very small Pirate Party (in our very small house, so we had to simplify, condense, and invite only a few). We pinned the patch on the pirate (due to inclement weather and thanks to Scott's artistic abilities), dug for buried treasure, and went on a small treasure hunt. We ate chicken nuggets, fruit, and capri suns, followed by pirate birthday cake. The kids gobbled up the nuggets and fruit, but didn't touch the cake or ice cream (besides Alisa, who will always eat!). 

X marks the spot--they found the treasure bags. I made them out of felt squares and filled them with candy and mardi gras beads. By far the biggest hit was the ring pop.
Scott's art work. I figure this would go over better than my stick figure pirate. Alisa was really scared of it. She was clinging to me or Scott for an hour saying, "Yucky eye!" and pointing at the pirate. In the end (the next day) she was brave enough to pat him and affectionately say, "pirate!"
Ring pops--Yum!
Lunch. I've never seen this group so quiet and focused on eating.

Pirate cake





2 comments:

Jacqui said...

Cute cake! Good job! And props to Scott (I hate that phrase. Why do I use it?!) for the
Pin the Patch game. Very creative and good yucky eye.

Happy B-day, Jakerelli. we love you!


XOXO

Colleen said...

Fun party! You are so clever. Loved the pirate cake. I'm sure the boys grooved on that. IT seems that the best parties are the "homemade" creative ones. Love all the pictures! Yea!