Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sleep, Please!

Yesterday Alisa woke up bouncing up and down in her crib, yelling cheerily, "Mama! Mama!" It would have been really cute, except it was 4:00 am!!! I tried to get in there before Jake woke up, but failed. So we were a very awake family (minus Scott, who slept on) for over an hour. Alisa finally went back to sleep. Jake and I were on the couch. I tried to sleep, he tried to persuade me to give him some food. I dozed off around 6 and was in and out (thanks to Jake's persistence) until 7. Wow, what a night. At least Scott got some sleep!

On that same note, Alisa is in a funk. She won't go to sleep until 9:30 pm (it's been two weeks) and will scream inconsolably in her crib, keeping her brother awake. It has been rough. Especially since I'm already pretty tired! Today she fell asleep on our walk at 10:30, so maybe by bedtime she will be ready to sleep again! Cross your fingers.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Is she teething? The same thing happened here and I was so confused and then found out Jordan was getting his 2 year old molars.

Cambrienelson said...

Ugg! You must be so exhausted! Nevermind the fact that you are probably already exhausted from being pregnant...send em over to my place and take a nap!

Jacqui said...

Oh man. And it's not like you can just shut her door and let her cry herself to tiredness. So sorry! all I can say is BEEN THERE! Love you. hang in there. You'll have help soon!!

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

I feel ya! Sleep is a thing of my past! If you ever need someone to talk to at 12:30, 3:30, 5:30 am....let me know! :) haha!

Ashley said...

That's the worst, I'm sorry. I think I will just stick with one kid...we are on a REALLY good sleep schedule and I can't afford to mess that up.