Monday, April 6, 2009

Broken camera=no blog posts!

Well, since our camera takes some jerry-rigging (sp?) to work, we haven't taken pictures lately. Here are the very few I have taken over the past month. 

Here's me with my sister, Lisa, Jake, and Alisa at Disneyland. Scott came, too! This was a fun day... but as I mentioned the next day at California Adventure wasn't as fun! Not such a flattering picture of me, but oh, well.


Here's Alisa being a cutie and sticking my keys in her ear. 
What a cheeser! She's getting so big!
Still posing... love my little princess!


We had a great Conference weekend, along with an ice cream/outdoor movie party with dental friends. We continued our tradition of going to the chapel for the Sunday am session. Our kids were pretty good and it kept us on a schedule. 

I am losing my mind lately and can't remember what I was going to write. We are well and busy. 

Here's an excerpt from the hilarious book "How Murray Saved Christmas" that I posted about earlier, just to give you an idea of how hilarious it is:

(Murray is subbing for Santa and runs into a little 6 year old)

The boy exclaimed, "Santa!" And Murray said, "Where?
Oh, right, you mean me. Yes, I'm Santa, I swear!
Get a load of this laugh--Ho, ho, ho!" Murray chuckled,
But just as he chuckled, his belt came unbuckled, 
And his pants, which were loose, went down straight past his knees.
"MURRAY KLEINER" was stitched on his silk BVDs!

The boy looked perplexed, so he said "Please explain,
Why you and your underpants have different names?"
Betrayed by his boxers. Let down by his pants.
Murray knew a good story would be his best chance.
So he said, "Murray Kleiner's a famous designer. 
Calvin Klein may be fine, see, but Kleiner is finer."

"Are you sure you're Santa? You don't have a beard.
Your suit is all baggy. You smell kind of weird."
"I shaved off the beard. Mrs. Clause said it tickles. 
... And I went on a diet--club soda and pickles.
That should explain why I'm beardless and belly-less.
The pickles would also account for my smelliness. 
So there, I've explained. I've made everything clear."
And then the boy asked him to name his reindeer.
Murray hummed and he hawed--he did not know this stuff, 
So he huffed and he puffed and proceeded to bluff:
"There's Dumbo and Jumbo and Mason and Dixon, 
Cosmo and Kramer and Richard M. Nixon."
Murray looked at him hopefully, "How did I do?"
"You're a fake!" the boy cried. "I guess Santa is, too."

It doesn't end there, of course, but there's a taste of how funny this book is. Someday I will own it. For now, I will keep checking it out from the library. I wish I could post it all here. It's great. 

6 comments:

Kristi said...

You are silly - you look great! If it makes you feel better you are like 1/2 my size! ;)
That book sounds adorable! We will have to check it out sometime!

Jacqui said...

That is hilarious. I laughed the whole way through. Definitely one to own.

Carleton & Robyn said...

I think you look so beautiful pregnant. I can't believe how old Lisa is-time is flying. Wow!

Rachel said...

I love Alisa's top it is so cute! And the keys in the ear are pretty great too.

Lindsay said...

I'll have to look for it in the library. Best part was the naming of the reindeer :)

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

You look so cute!! Your belly looks really small for how far along you are.