Saturday, August 8, 2009

After Dental School


Scott here. Just in case anyone is wondering where we are now, we have moved to Show Low, AZ. We are excited for this next chapter in our lives--i.e. real life, bills, loans to pay off, work, and three adorable kids to raise. I start my first job on Monday--wish me luck! Wish Ali luck, too--these three kids are a handful! And pray for that poor little kid on the rez tomorrow who's going to be my first patient! jk--I think we are just doing exams tomorrow.

The work truck and trailer clinic


a little wary


Pretty nice truck! I feel like I need wranglers and a cowboy hat when I'm in it. I think it might be a good look. And I think I might get addicted to having a big truck.


He's smiling here, but he forgets his check-up with me two weeks ago involved a lot of gagging and drooling and discomfort. (No cavities, though. He gets the gagging and drooling from his dad--I am a horrible patient--I hate going to the dentist--I can't even stand the vibrations from an electric toothbrush. Hopefully it makes me a little more sympathetic towards my patients.)



2 comments:

Kristi said...

Good luck on your first day!!! And with your first patient - poor kid;)
Our home teacher does the same thing but from Flagstaff and he has had some pretty... interesting experiences!

Jacqui said...

Hey, nice ride, Scotty! Seriously, I would definitely get boots to wear with your scrubs. It will definitely add to the experience!

I can't believe how big your kids are getting Alisa is going to be tall!

Miss you guys. Wish you all could come to the Lake. Have fun pulling teeth in your boots...