Monday, September 28, 2009

A First

I guess I have just lucked out, but I have never had to be up all night with a throwing up kid... until last night.

We went to my beautiful sister's wedding over the weekend. It was in Mesa and was super hot. I don't know if I could live down there. It was 9:45 am in September and I was dripping bullets. HOT. My brother was really sick the night before and threw up so much he popped some blood vessels in his eyes. The next night, his wife got it. We were all feeling fine, but on the drive home last night my niece got it pretty bad and was vomiting the whole way home.

On a side note, my mom and dad held the reception in their yard (where ours was, too) and it was such a beautiful and fun party. They did a fantastic job. I am so happy for Shelly and Darin--congratulations, you two!

We made it home just before bed time. At 3 am I heard Alisa screaming. I went in, thinking she had a bad dream, and gave her a big hug. I was covered in vomit and realized she had thrown up. After stripping her bed down, changing her and cleaning her up, she went back to bed. I was still awake 30 minutes later when she requested water. About ten minutes later, more vomit. Poor girl! I eventually made Jake sleep with Scott (who actually woke up and was very helpful, too!) and I slept with her so I could be by her when she was sick. She threw up the rest of the night. The baby woke up at 5:30, and although I've been trying to get her to sleep until at least 6, I gave in and fed her. I slept for 20 more minutes, and baby was up again with gas. I finally fell asleep again at 6:45 for another hour. What a night! Up from 3-6=no fun. I forget how much I love sleep.

Now my kids are watching movies. Jake and I have colds and Alisa threw up again this morning. At least it's only a 24 hour bug. Hopefully she'll get better soon!

A stroke of good luck this week is that Scott is going to the Head Start schools on the rez, which are only open from 9-1. So he gets a little more time in the morning and will hopefully come home early and relieve me!

P.S. I just found out that my mom and sister Lisa got the flu, too. Yuck!

2 comments:

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

my mom did too.

Jacqui said...

Thank you, Corby-Corb. Thank you! Lol.

I am so sorry. I'd never had a kid throw up multiple times either--at least not like this. Once or twice, but not seven or eight. YUCK.

#1 is feeling better and is back in school today, so hopefully it's short lived for everyone else. I ddin't realize Amanda had it, too. Boo for germs!