Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Office


No, not the TV show... Scott's office.

Here it is, and here he is hard at work. He leaves at 7am for a 50 min. commute through some beautiful reservation country (no, I am not being sarcastic. It really is beautiful!). Here's a picture on the rez.

He has recently started listening to books on his ipod to pass the time. He is done by about 3, then drives home.
The chair
His wonderful assistant, Ora, and her niece, Vivi (who is the runner and gets kids out of class).
A down pour. It just dumps rain here. It's beautiful.
Jake is so excited for snow. He asks me every day when it's going to snow. He busted into the winter clothes one evening when it was pouring.

At a Glance about Jake:
*He LOVES preschool and Miss Jana. There are 8 kids total.
*He started making up stories. The other day at the park he told a little boy that his sister, Olivia, was in the hospital because she couldn't get enough air. (huh?) He also told Scott that he and Cash (a cousin) took a bath together and did cannon balls and swam all afternoon. I don't know where he comes up with these stories. He has quite the imagination!
*He is a ball of energy (ahem... trying to be positive here) and sometimes unleashes that energy on his sister, which doesn't make her or me very happy.
*We are starting to write a bit again (letters) and he is so proud for every letter he writes and traces.
Alisa is the faithful accomplice to all of Jake's schemes.

At a Glance about Alisa:
*Favorite thing: Disney Princesses, or any princess, or any girl wearing a skirt or dress.
*Favorite song: A Whole New World. She can sing all the words. It is THE only song we listen to in the car some days.
*Potty training. She is ok, but has occasional pee-pee accidents. Poop is on the potty. Always. Yea. I do not love this parenting job.
*She is very polite. Please and thank you all the time.
*Independent. She refuses to take off the princess nightgown, or insists on wearing my flip flops to the store (which always gives others a chance to laugh and me a chance to roll my eyes). She has her opinions and is stickin' to 'em.
Finally Brooklyn is liking this chair. She has tortecolis (sp?) so her neck is a bit off and hurts her some. She is doing better now, but the stretches are sad.


Here are some pictures Jake took of the house. Or maybe Scott did.
This skull was named affectionately "reindeer skeleton" by Jake.
Princess Alisa and the blue potty
Jake posing in his "fly" hat
Ew. This is real. In our tupperware. Scott found it by his office. I wouldn't let it in the house. Ew. Just looking at it gives me the willies. I am averting my eyes. It's HUGE.
Jake sharing his doggie, blanket, and grinch with Brookie.
For your viewing pleasure, Jake is saying the Pledge of Allegiance for you. They say it every day at school. He learned it pretty quickly!

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

Liverty! I love it. He's an amazing kid, that one. Just wait, he'll be leading some major company and you'll be sitting pretty in your early retirement!!

Love this post. And how about the ratio on Miss Brookie-poo in the Bumbo...compare the head size to the foot size. Hilarious! Glad she likes the chair. For a minute today I regretted giving my baby stuff away (see my blog).

XOXO
PS I don't know how you stand that skull on the wall. It would drive me crazy! Then again, I am driven to extreme emotions much more than you are. Ha.

Nicole Palmer said...

Your kids are the cutest EVER!! I love the updates. My baby has what we call "taco neck" she favors one side & we are doing stretches too!!

Jinky said...

Just figured out I can be a reader! --Beautiful family ... beautiful home! Stay well and safe.

A said...

I used to spend a ton of time in my car for work and the audio books were a life saver. I used to go to the library and check them out on CD and then rip them to mp3's. It can take a while to finish the long books so I turn the CDs back in right away and then listen at my leisure on the pod.