Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Seaman Lake Powell Trip

We were so spoiled this year to go to Lake Powell twice. It is one of my favorite vacations, although it is much less of a vacation with kids. Hm. Jake and Alisa had rubbed-raw chins and armpits by the end, because I made them wear their life jackets the whole time... better safe than sorry. We had a great time with the Seaman's. The kids loved fishing with their new fishing poles, jumping off the back of the houseboat, tubing, swimming, and knee boarding. Alisa feels the need for speed already and I think she'll be our soft spoken daredevil. Jake was pretty brave, too. We had a great time wakeboarding, slolom (sp?) skiing, tubing (Jenni did a good job trying to throw Scott and I off the tubes), swimming, and watching movies on the projector on the top of the houseboat. Oh, and eating... wish I would've held back a little there.
Here are a few pictures of the week:

No week complete without a picture in his favorite towel.
Scott on the slolom ski... yep, still got it! It was harder to get up than I remember, but it all came back to me. You go pretty darn fast and while I was skiing I remembered all the cartwheels across the water when crashing.
Scott was catching some pretty sweet air, and I even caught a little myself. I am such a scaredy-cat.
Exploring/Swimming trip to the little islands.
Isn't Kelsi beautiful? Sweet sixteen!
Thanks, Seaman's! It was an awesome trip.
Night swim with our little fam minus babe
Jenni and her man, Josh. He was a ton of fun.
Alisa LOVED the tube again. She never wanted to get off!
Tubing got a little wild...
Grandma bravin' it with two strong wills... i don't think this ride lasted long.
Alisa practicing on the beach... someday. Jake was obsessed with this activity, but wouldn't brave the skis behind the boat. Maybe when he's 12.
Brookie the duckie. Somehow, she seemed to scream a lot this trip. Sigh!
Jake and Alisa

1 comment:

Porter's said...

man, you guys are all fish! always swimming or somethin' :) looks like tons of fun. We miss you guys. keep in touch!