Friday, January 29, 2010

Let's Craft Talk... Work Through the Pain

Last night I decided to get all crafty. Remember this skirt? I made Alisa a little dress out of it.
My inspiration came from here and here (awesome blogs--love 'em!). Here's how it turned out. I think I'll add a ribbon or something so it's not so plain. The sleeves were my invention and I have to say, for a girl who totally got skipped on the creative gene, not too shabby!
It was easy, peesy and took me about 2 hours. It would've been shorter but I decided to do a little sleeve and had to figure out how to execute my idea. Anyhow, here is a recycling project for you.

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

DARLING!!! Awesome job, Al. Totally cool. I am so glad you worked through the pain, worked through the pain. It was worth it!

I bet Alisa's in hog heaven.

Mindy and Marty said...

I LOVE that!... and am very impressed with the sleeves...good job ali! What a way to recycle! I know another website you might like... it gives tutorials on all kinds of sewing projects and has awesome pictures with step by step instructions....an idea on there was to make girls dresses out of mens button up dress shirts...pretty clever.

Ashley said...

This comment is from another expert NON-crafter, so I don't know how much weight it holds, but: VERY VERY IMPRESSIVE!