Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring Teaser & Our Adventure

Remember the chili story from the last post? Here's our top chef working away at the three pots of chili.
L-R: Chocolate chili (which was super yum!), regular chili for the kids, and chipotle chili. We made the beans in the pressure cooker (pinto, black and kidney).
It was just a little warm for a few days and felt like spring! We had the doors open and I cleaned the house in the middle of the day. Something about warm weather makes me want to clean. Anyway, we busted out the bikes and rode around for awhile. The kids loved it. Jake's getting really good on his bike. The next day, Jake took us on an "adventure" (his idea and wording). We rode to the end of our street and hiked down an hill to discover this stream and bridge. I didn't cross it that day (since I had the baby) but Scott and the kids went later and crossed it.

We were all bundled up because the day before it was really windy. This day it got warm and we soon stripped off the layers. Why do people think B is a boy?! She's sporting Jake's old tractor outfit.
Look at all that erosion. Big tree roots.
The creek is really snow run-off. Brrrr!

Brooke had a cushy seat. I put her down because my bladder was about to explode! :) She loved playing with the weeds.
Exploring the creek. Glad they wore crocs.
After a long ride on our adventure, Alisa is ready to take a rest in the stroller. At this point, she's freezing from falling in the creek. Brookie was just happy to have some company.
Jake used to have a little 12" bike, which was the perfect height, but somehow Scott hit it with his truck in the garage (our garage is super narrow and barely fits our cars in it. I don't know who designed it, but we have a narrow strip of all of our stuff in between the two cars. Now you know our garage woes.). Anyway, we bought this bike off craigslist. It's bigger and Jake has just figured out how to balance and start riding on his own. He fell a lot the first two days, but he's got the hang of it now.
I guess this just was a spring teaser since yesterday and today it's been snowing again. Boo! I'm ready for warm weather and not outdoor deficient kids!

Stay tuned for our weekend of haircuts. That may not sound exciting, but we ALL got haircuts at home, which means that I cut Scott's and Jake's (no big deal, I always do) and Scott cut Alisa's (aline) and mine (layers)! How did they turn out? I'll let you be the judge!

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

Your adventure looks so fun! Reminds me of our adventures in the canyons (I use the term loosely) by our house and all of our exploring. No water, of course, but lots of graves for horny toads. :)

That chili looks delish!! I love chili. It's about the only thing that gets me through the winter doldrums. And GO JAKE! I am sure he'll inspire McQueen to get on his bike...if we get him a bike that isn't pink and Barbie-esque. He won't touch that one!

I want to see the haircuts!