Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Taking Me Back

Driving home from picking Jake up today, I laughed out loud when I heard the beginning of a great song. Then the chorus started and I had to sing along:

Girl, you know it's true, g-g-g-girl, Ooh, ooh, ooh, I love you...

Which reminds me that Jeff (my bro-in-law) thought Milli Vanilli was saying I'm in love with two girls (bop, bop) ...

That takes me back... almost 20 years when I was in 5th and 6th grade. If THAT wasn't enough to make my day, the next song that came on took me back to my more recent past:

What a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man!

With high-quality lyrics that include this gem:

You so crazy! I think I wanna have your baby.

Yep. Nice, huh? I have to confess that my sister and I (who shared EVERYTHING) had a tape of Salt 'n Peppa (or however they spelled it), which dates me. All the lyrics are nasty. I knew they were suggestive, but listening today I realized just what they were talking about. Quality.

I must say, though, that the whole album reminds me of running track (especially my freshman year of high school) and how we used to sing these while we warmed up, cooled down, and on the way to meets.

Now I am just hoping that the D.J. of this radio station was taking a walk down memory lane himself, not playing what he considered to be great hits of today...

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I know! What were we listening to back then???
I guess it wasn't quite as bad as a lot of the songs they have these days though. But still...

Katie said...

Thanks for the flashback! Wasn't the first song...Mili Vanilli? Ya, I have no idea how to spell their name. And we are thinking of naming our baby boy McKay, but it's not set in stone.

Jacqui said...

Go Jeff, go jeff! I'm in love with two girls tonight, bop bop. i'm in love with two...I'm in love with two.


Ugh. can you believe the salt n peppa? They are SOOOO disgustingly disgusting. Ah well. Now Britney Spears has their job. The little poo.

fun posts. love the adventure!

Juls said...

I was singing along with you! Love the pics and I too am READY for spring!

Carleton & Robyn said...

Good songs-good times. I can't believe how big Brooke looks! Time flies.

Cambrienelson said...

Hey-- Interesting to peak in on the world of a real-life dentist and his family : )

Your little Brooke is just so cute!