Saturday, December 8, 2007

The darndest things...


He was playing on the ground with Alisa and said, "Mom, we are friends! We are friends!" with his big, cheesy grin. So sweet. He has also started spontaneously saying "I love you!" to us.

We made sugar cookies for some friends, which of course took me two days to finally get out and deliver them. While they were on plates on our table, Jake kept saying, "Those are for MY friends. Don't eat them, Ok? Those are for MY FRIENDS!"

Scott was eating a lot of cookies the other day (I had my fair share, too) and Jake said, "Are you eating lots of cookies, dad? Too much, dad. You will get sick. Too many cookies will make your tummy sick...[Scott said thanks, Jake, and reached for another one] No, dad! That's too much!" So I'm not the only one encouraging healthy eating! :)

Jake's new favorite is lime yogurt. He LOVES it and would eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks if he could. Scott was eating a lemon yogurt the other day. Jake wanted it, so he offered to get Scott another one, which he did. It was lime. He looked at both yogurts, then said, "Dad, you have the lemon. Mine is the lime." When Scott teased him that he wanted the lime, not the lemon, Jake said, "Mine is the lime! You have the lemon!" Then sweetened his voice and said with a smile and excited expression, "You have the lemon and you be happy, ok? It's your favorite! The lime is mines. The lemon is yours. Ok? Ok." End of story. Jake had the lime yogurt (second of the day).

Tonight he was saying "Die! Die!" (Thanks, Hallie! :) ) I said I didn't want him to die. He said, "I want to die. Heavenly Father wants me to die so I can be happy, ok?" Where did he get that?

3 comments:

megan said...

I hope he's feeling better! I swear, he says THE cutest things!!!

Colleen said...

I might be just a bit prejudice, but those are the cutest kids! Jake says the funniest things.

AshleyS said...

too funny!