Saturday, December 22, 2007

I am still alive...

Just an update...I left this morning at 7:30 (6:30 Cali time) in zero degree weather to attempt my lonely 14 miler. 2 1/2 hours later I came back alive...barely! Freezing weather, snow-covered hair, chapped and frozen face, frozen snot (very literally), and sore knee, not to mention being followed by some psycho guy on a bike and having to hide twice in the local gas station and hardware store...yeah, don't know why I do it sometimes. This run was dedicated to all the marathon mommas. Can't wait to run together again! It's so much more motivating. But, hey! I did it!

Jake woke up at my parents house screaming in the middle of the night. He was weezing and had a barking cough. It was scary. Sounded like he couldn't breath and was having an asthma attack. Scary! My mom quickly filled up her bathroom with shower steam and had Scott sit in there with Jake for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, she and I looked up what else we could do for croup. Nothing! Get humidifiers going and sleep by your child. If he has blue around his lips he's not getting enough oxygen so take him into the ER. Ok. Thanks. Panick! I slept with Jake and he was a bit better with the two humidifiers running. It was better the next day and turned into the never-ending cold the day after that. He had it all through Christmas and even past New Year's. And of course, once one has it, the other gets it. Alisa was sick as well with a cute cough (her tongue stuck out every time) and a running/stuffy nose. So sad! So, playing in the snow started and ended in Utah. I'm glad we got to do it there. Jake loved it. Sad we couldn't play in the snow in Flag. There was a lot this year and it wasn't melting. Well, there's the sick report. 

It was fun at both parents houses. At mine, we played a lot of bridge and other card games. At Scott's we played a lot of Wii. I can only do so much of that game, but everyone had a great time with it. Even Jake did it.  

5 comments:

AshleyS said...

14 miles by yourself? You're nuts. Kristi and I did the 14 miler together on Saturday too...but it was a lot different than your run. Pretty warm, sunny weather, no scarey people, and went by fast considering it took 2 1/2 hours. I think I might be all alone for the 16 miler though...

Jacqui said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacqui said...

you are amazing, and crassy, girl! i am glad you didn't just run up in the woods by yourself and that mr. psycho guy left you alone after you hid from him twice. AH!

I would have given up...well, actually I would've never gone in the first place!! :) I bet you're missing that Cali weather. Miss you! Merry Christmas!

Cambrienelson said...

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Wow. I didn't run at all! I'm lazy-- I'll suffer the consequences I'm sure. Good job Ali!!!!!

Juls said...

that is pure dedication! You are amazing!