Friday, December 28, 2007

Two posts in one day...lots of pictures...scroll down!

Here are some pictures of Sunday morning, a CUTE sweater outfit on Alisa (thanks, Grandma!) and Christmas morning.





The Seaman's always order Olive Garden Christmas Eve, and I really like that tradition because there is no prep and little clean-up. We listened to Candlelight Carol sung by the MoTab. Though in years past it has been accompanied by tender moments of reflection, this year was not. Jake couldn't stop talking about the candles and the fire and smelling them and the smoke and don't touch them, etc. I loved it! I know there are special times to be reverent, but I loved how excited he was over something as simple as candles on the table. He loves the dark anyway and is always turning off all the lights in the house to play "ooga-booga" (chase in the dark) and he was eating it up! So, I am pretty sure the kids are putting a new twist on an old tradition! 

After the kids were in bed with humidifiers blasting, we watched The Nativity Story, which was excellent! It was very realistic and really left me with a feeling of awe for Mary and Joseph and the conditions/time in which the Savior of the world was born. It is amazing. I was really grateful for the time to reflect on His birth. I always seem to get caught up in the lights and twinkles and even the fun music of Christmas (all good things) and remember the birth of Christ as an afterthought. It was a great movie. We decided it would be irresponsible to sleep two stories down from our kids as they had been getting up every night, so Bethi and Kelsi opted to sleep upstairs on the loft floor so we were all kind of together. I love that tradition...everyone sleeping in the same room. I don't remember exactly when it started growing up, but I'm glad the Seaman's do it, too. It's a fun bonding time. 
Alisa woke up early, as usual. I fed her and then left her with Scott while I slept another half hour. When I came out, everyone except Jake was awake and waiting there in the loft. We waited a while for Jake, who finally appeared just before 9 am. He was sick, so we held off waking him up for awhile. We opened stockings and presents. The Seaman's open youngest to oldest, too, so I was after Scott! :) We got a beautiful iMac computer from Les, Linda, Mom, and Dad and ourselves. It is great so far...Jake loved his Ratatouille figures and played for at least an hour straight with them. Simple pleasures. Around noon we made scrambled eggs with turkey bacon and orange juice and some pastry loaves. We lounged in our pajamas a few more hours. We all played the Wii that Linda got Les...it was a great day! 
Waiting for Jake to wake up Christmas morning...we finally woke him up at 8:45 or so...

Ali, Kelsi, Grandpa, Alisa

Grandma, Bethi
Sleepy Jake
Jake will ONLY hold mama when he's sick! Oh, joy!
Jake opening presents...yea for Christmas!

12 comments:

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

Cute pictures!! Thanks for putting up with our interruption on Christmas Day.

Cambrienelson said...

Cute pictures! I love the Christmas dress. Isn't it fun to dress baby girls up? : )

Andy & Jen said...

Hey Ali, looks like you had a very fun CHristmas! You are so hard core, I can't believe you ran the 18 all by your self! I finished Twilight last week, thanks so much for letting me borrow it! See you Saturday!

snlbarney said...

What a great Christmas! The sweater outfit is Adorable - way to go grandma:)!!

megan said...

I love all of your posts!! looks like Christmas was so fun! And good job running in the snow!! My brother took his family on the Polar Express and it sounds so fun! One of my many reasons why I want to move to Arizona! :) I hope you had a good break and we'll see you Saturday!

Anonymous said...

I am sad that Christmas is over! I love the pictures of your daughter, I love dressing up my girls and they are starting to resist and I hate that! It looks like you had a great Christmas celebration!

Kristi said...

Ali! i am so amazed by you! I can't believe what a hard core runner you are! I am training for a 10 K and I thought I was doing good and now I feel like a total wuss(sp?)
Maybe by the end of the year I will be in good enough shape to go on a run with you when you come to Flag for the holidays! Motivation right?
Meanwhile - your kids are soooo adorable! Russ always says Jake is his Lake friend and wants to play again!
Keep up the awesome job you are doing as a runner/ Mom!

Camille said...

Hi Scott and Ali! We found your blog from Anna and love the pictures of Alisa! Someday we'll have to get the little cousins together.

Treasuring Life's Little Moments... said...

Hey!! I'm so glad you are a blogger! A marathon?!?! AHH!! I'm so impressed but tired just thinking about it! Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas. Alisa is getting so big and so is Jake. They are both adorable!

Jennifer said...

Glad I found your blog! You and everyone else in the Flagstaff world that runs (including Kristi)have inspired me to get off my duff!!! It was good to see you - hope Alisa got her teeth through and is back to her sweet self now!

Nicole Palmer said...

What a cute little family!! We went on the Polar Express this year too!! It looks like you guys are doing awesome & having a lot of fun.

Camille said...

Holy lots of comments on this post! I just barely found out 1. you had another kid 2. You had a blog Your family is soo cute! I think i dreamed of running a marathon once...it wasn't a good experience. =) Anyways it will be good to check up on your family once in a while. Arn't you guys pretty close to finishing school or is Scott going to specialize? Anyways good to see how your doing. Camille

my blog is thegardeafamily.blogspot.com if you ever want to check it out!!