Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Classic Jake

We were talking about being helpful and kind in our families during Family Home Evening. We can be like Jesus, etc. and of course, Jake 

J: Can I live with Jesus?
Me: Yes, someday we can live with Jesus. That's why we have to be nice and helpful and be like Jesus now.
J: But does Jesus live in the clouds?
Me: He lives in heaven. We can't see him, but we know he's there.
J: But when can I live with Jesus? Today?
Me: No, when we die.
J: Can I die now?
Me: No, we are sooo lucky we get to live together as families right now. Then someday when we die, we can live together with Jesus. 

Hopefully I convinced him he doesn't want to die now! :) After all, he still has to marry Jonas...

1 comment:

Kristi said...

That is adorable!!! My kids are the exact opposite. I tell them they have to be good so they can live with Heavenly Father again someday and they say no way cause they want to live with me... (i really WANT to say that they wont get to live with me either if they keep being naughty... but I don't...).