Monday, August 25, 2008

The Wedding--Lake Powell to follow

We had a whirlwind weekend as we drove 8 hours to Scott's sister's wedding. Bethi looked lovely and Derek looked so happy! It was a beautiful day. We blew into Snowflake in time to change at the hotel and book it to the dinner, which was fun. Bethi kept up the tradition and sang a song for Derek. So sweet! (You sounded great, by the way!) 

The next day was the wedding in the Snowflake Temple. There was a little panic as the grandparents got lost, but I don't think the happy couple even noticed! It was beautiful and I was so grateful to be a part of it! 

Here we are outside the temple. It was uncharacteristically calm weather. No wind! Hooray! 

Scott and his sisters: Kelsi, Bethi, and Jenni--what a beautiful family!
Jake and Alisa entertained themselves by re-doing the landscape. Definitely too many rocks right here. They had to dig them up and throw them.
After the wedding and pictures, I was blessed to be able to see my sweet and wonderful Grandma and Grandpa Hunt, along with my aunt and uncle. It was a great visit. I miss living closer to them! I have such great memories with them and love them so much!

We planned outdoor pictures before the reception, but true to the monsoon season in Flagstaff, it poured all afternoon and evening! Les saved the day by moving the pictures inside the new fancy hotel built for the university. Great idea! Here's Jenni (caught off guard), Les, Kelsi (with dazzling smile) and Jenn the photographer who is seriously so talented! I'm sure the pictures will be amazing! Wish I could rewind and bring her to my wedding! Check out her other work here.
Bethi and Derek--so in love. Notice the amazing bouquets. Bethi's taken a bunch of floral design classes and knew exactly what she wanted. They're gorgeous!
Scott and I. Scott's mom gave us all a treat--we got our hair done for the reception. I don't think I've ever had my hair done professionally. It was a lot of fun and I picked up some good pointers, too! Much better than the result of my previous boredom! (I did fix that hanger strap thingy--hate those!)
What a doll! Good thing that dress was a rental! It was filthy by the end of the night!
A lovely view on the way to Scott's house. Isn't my future hometown (and past hometown) gorgeous?! This was just out the car window.
Grammy and Papa to the rescue! I was waiting all night for my parents to show so I could get relief from my kids-- well, mostly from Alisa! She was wiggly all night, and I was wearing these really cute but HIGH heels. Not the best combo. Thanks, mom and dad, for taking the kids home for a slumber party with you! What a relief not to worry about them, and to sleep in until 8 am the next day!
Jake with Derek's niece and nephew: Emma and Russell. Cuties!
Jenni, looking smashing, and Alisa. Thanks for feeding her! 
Isn't that a lovely cake? 100% edible. Each layer was a different flavor (almond, molten chocolate, cheesecake, etc.) The top was orange chocolate and we really had to control ourselves not to dig into it after the reception. It sounded divine!

Jake spent all night sliding on his knees on this dance floor. At the end of the night, we found him putting the moves on this little girl. How sweet is this? He would stand up, fight with the two other little boys (pretend sword fighting, of course!) then hurry back to her side and put his arm around her. Later he told my mom and dad that he was slaying the dragon and coming back to rescue the princess. He said that's what I do. Slay the dragon and rescue the princess. He also said, "Grandma, I love Naomi. I told her that I love her because I love her." What a sweetie!
On a side note, Jake has also been saying, very humbly and apologetically, "I'm so, so sorry, mom! I am really so sorry!" It's pretty funny! Last picture is the set up of the reception hall. It was perfect. 

7 comments:

Melissa Zuber said...

Thank you for posting pictures. I have been dying to see them. Jake is such a studly boy. You guys looked fantastic!

Jacqui said...

Wow! Love all the pictures. Beautiful colors. You look gorgeous in that pic with G'pa. So good to see the grandparents, even if it's only in pictures. Jake looks like a studly and Alisa is so pretty in that dress! What a fun time.

JLJ said...

That dress of Alisa's is so beautiful. And your hair looks awesome. I've never had my hair done for a special occasion either, I bet that was fun. Anyway, I love weddings.

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

Beautiful!! It looks like it all went great! I was so sad we missed it.

Fauset Photography said...

Hey Ali,
I wanted to send you a pic or two from the wedding...shoot me an email will you??
fausetphotography@gmail.com
p.s. pics of Jake don't do him justice, he is SO CUTE!!!!

Christy said...

The wedding looks great and so does your family. How fun to get your hair done. You deserve to be pampered, being a mom is hard work.

Juls said...

It seems weird that people come to SNOWFLAKE. That is fun having the grandparents right by my parents. Love all the pictures. You are beautiful as ever!