Saturday, August 2, 2008

Jake the Baby-sitter

This morning Jake stumbled in my room at 5:50 am. I was going running at 6:30 but was sad to be awakened so early. I got ready to run, got him milk, then heard Alisa awake, too! I got her milk, got them both some dry cereal, put on a video of Teletubbies from the library (scary, I know, but Jake really wanted it). I left at 6:30, giving them instructions not to wake dad up.

When I got back, Scott was barely up. My kids totally let him sleep! The house wasn't even trashed! I noticed Alisa was missing her shirt and Jake was in his undies. Here's our conversation:

Me: Where did Alisa's shirt go?
J: I taked it off! We are both nakie! (followed by hysterical laughter and Jake jumping off the couch)
Scott: Jake, you're a great baby sitter! Maybe you should babysit more often.

2 comments:

JLJ said...

Wesley loves Telletubbies too. It is a strange thing for a tough little boy to love.

Kristi said...

I hate that show! I told my kids it was a naughty show so they never want to watch it:) (don't judge please!)
Ali - I do have a white headband (or 12) for Hannah and whatever you do for Emma will work perfect! Thank you soooo much for doing that! I am excited to see all our cute lil matching girls and boys! See ya soon! - Kristi

Call me if you have any ?'s. I am home now:)