Monday, August 11, 2008

It's been awhile... I know. And nothing to report. Here's what we've been up to...

We play cars on the too-short boards from Jake's bed. We play all day, usually, with an occasional break to go swimming. Jake loves the track and I am happy he rediscovered his cars at last. And no, he is never dressed in more than his undies. If he gets a drip of water on his shirt, the clothes come off. It's probably because it's hot and I am too cheap to run the wall AC units all the time.
I was bored and decided to try an up-do before bed one night. Yes, it was one of those nights when the hubby was at lab until midnight. Like I said, I was bored. So here's a sloppy Cinderella bun. I was surprised it was so easy to do. 
Today the kids are trying my patience. We were up late because Scott and Mark did their musical presentation as a fireside last night (which went well and I wish more people came!) so they are whiners today. Big time. I heart 7 pm bedtime.

5 comments:

Colleen said...

I wish we could have come to the fireside. Just too much going on here. I'm sorry more people didn't come. sounds like there wasn't much time to advertise it and let people put it on their calendars. Did it go well? I still want to see the video.
Nice bun. :) Only 10 more months of late nights without papa/hubby. Yea! the light at the end of the tunnel!

Scott said...

Hey guys. I had found your blog a while back through Nate and Kris. Looks like things are really going well for you and your family. I am currently in Atlanta working for an Airline. Glad that there is now an easy way to keep up with what is going on with everyone.

Also, I don't know if you guys are Dave Matthews fans at all or not, but I have two tickets for his show in San Diego that I probably won't be using. If you want them, let me know and I'll send em your way. The show is on Friday, Aug 23rd.

Kristi said...

Ali your hair looks soooo pretty like that! Are you going to doit like that for the reception? I am super jealous of your long shiny hair right now!
No worries - Kids are supposed to be naked all summer... at least that is what I keep telling myself! You need to bring Jake over to play cars with Russ!!!! Seriously that is the only thing that kiddo does:)

JLJ said...

Ali, I can't believe you can just whip up an 'up-do' before bed like that!?! The next time I see you (at women's conference next spring?) I expect a 30 second hair make over. :)

Melissa Zuber said...

Hey Ali,

I hear that you are a gung ho runner and are very good with nutrition. I would like you to give me all the tips that have worked with you. You look great, and you were able to spit two marathons out if I heard correctly. My goal is the Nike Marathon next October. If you have any spare time it would be wonderful to have you advice. Thanks! my email is thezuberfam@yahoo.com