Monday, October 12, 2009

Adios, mi amor.

I am no longer in doubt. It's official. I can't eat Mexican food. For another 6-8 months. Darned nursing! I love spicy food! Boo. But really, the long nights and days of screaming, writhing baby are just not worth the taste of that fresh, spicy salsa. So I say again: Boo. I'll miss you, good, tasty food. Until we meet again...

Latest craft: pipe cleaner spiders from familyfun.com. Cute and easy for kids.
Jake's piano lesson. He's been asking for lessons lately.
Quick fun: I made some pizza dough and let them stretch, play, and snitch. Then we tossed it.
She loves this hat!
First reaction to tights: Too tight! Cried for 20 minutes before church. She is a free spirit. She is used to bare feet or crocs and sundresses. She is not happy about pants, shorts, fitted shirts, tights, closed-toed shoes. She is slowly getting used to wearing winter-ish clothing.
Couldn't resist. Thrift store find. $4. He's in Spidey heaven.
Halloween craft: painting acorns to make pumpkins/bats
These two crack me up... most of the time!
Bath time fun. My kids love to play with sponges in the bath.
Happy Birthday, Scott! He wanted a pineapple upside-down cake, which was good, but I thought was way too rich! I made him take the rest to work.

Jake was so thrilled to have jeans and be able to dress like dad. Twinners.
Oh, potty training. Can't wait to be done.



7 comments:

Christy said...

I love the craft! We panted pumpkins and glittered them. Kids loved it. Also I can total sympathize with the spicy food and nursing. Mason had problems with pepperoni & orange juice among other things. Hallie has the same complaints about tights, socks, closed toed shoes and pants. Now that I think about it I do to. Missing my warm California weather

Kristi said...

I am laughing sooo hard about the tights - that is JUST like Hannah - and she grew up in the cold! Just cannot stand the restraint. She actually took hers off in the carseat on the way to church on Sunday!!! What little crackups!
Good luck on the potty training! I know I should be starting soon but at this point I figure I could just wait and do Hannah and Elise at the same time;)

Bethi said...

Such little cuties! Sorry about the mexican food. That really does stink. I was thinking about how often we eat mexi-food and that would cut out about half of our meals! I'm sure it is definitely worth it but really hard.

Alisa is so stinkin' funny. I would hate tights too. And little Jakey wanting to match Scott, too cute. Wish we could see you guys more often! Maybe next summer...! Love ya!

Melissa said...

Your kids are such good buddies! Jake's comments crack me up. Good for you for cutting out food you love for your baby. She'll probably grow up to love mexican food AND dairy....then you can remind her of your supreme sacrifices when she was a baby! haha

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Wow, wow, wow. I'm sure Dean would have been a much, much happier baby if I'd had the gumption to cut out dairy and mexican food (particularly beans) and broccoli. But I didn't know what I would eat if I had to cut them out!! Good luck with that.

Jacqui said...

I know how much that Brookie-poo cries when you indulge in your fave foods. Is it better sans Mexi-Texi and lactose?

Miss your cute kids. Good for you for making all the crafts. Super Mom Award! (Aren't blogs great--we can look so uber-cool on them by posting the good mom things we do. hahaha. But you are uber-cool anyway.)

Harward Family said...

I loved seeing all the fun crafts that you have been doing! Cute kids:)