Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Milk... Who Needs It? And some funny quotes

I have been lactose-free now for almost 7 days. Can I just say I really, really like milk and milk products? I was eating milk and cereal for breakfast, string cheese for a snack, yogurt and cottage cheese (yes, I like them mixed together even though Scott thinks it's disgusting... something about texture) for lunch, and sometimes dairy at dinner (cheese, sour cream, etc.).

Brooke was not happy. So, I am depriving myself for awhile and may slowly work some milk back into my diet. After 24 hours without, we had a MUCH happier baby. I really thought I'd never be willing to change what I ate and that my babies were just gassy, and nothing was going to change that. Welp, I was wrong.

Thanks, Josh and Tarah, for the gentle hints that I should cut the dairy. It's working.

Before I forget...

During General Conference:

Scott: Do you know who that is, Jake? It's Elder Nelson.

Jake: Who's that?

Scott: He is an apostle, just like Jesus' apostles when he was alive.

Jake: Are you an apostle?

Scott: No, I'm an Elder.

Jake: You're an angel?!

Scott: No, an Elder!


And from Alisa the other day (just for JENNI)

"I want Jenni and Josh!" When I asked, "What?" She said it again, clearly, "I want Jenni and Josh!"

She loves you.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Yikes! I hope things get better quick so you can add back in dairy! One of my friends was off it for a year while she breastfed! WOW!
The kiddos are all so adorable! Elise is pretty neglected too, sooo sad. She started rolling over back to front instead of the other way around! She just lays on her floor mat so much I guess she got bored!
Looks like you guys have been really busy!!!!

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

Wow, there was a lot to catch up on! Glad your babe is feeling better and you are getting some relief.

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

I just realized I don't have you guys signed in to read our blog. I'll send your invite...I think I have your email address. If you don't get it, email me. :) annagk@email.phoenix.edu

Heidi said...

Your kids are so clever! They say such cute things. I think I would die if I couldn't have dairy! You're a trooper! Love all the pics.

Christy said...

That is funny...we were talking about "Milk who needs it" just yesterday.