Thursday, October 22, 2009

Help! We're O.D.D.

Hi. My kids are officially O.D.D. (OutDoor Deficient... it is a new disorder that is being diagnosed, so I learned in Jake's old preschool). I am on my sixth day of being sick with a hacking cough, chest and head cold, sinus pressure, achy body. I detest being sick, but then, who likes it?

So I thought I'd take a minute to post some pictures while my two girls sleep and Jake watches a movie on mute (he threw the remote against his bedroom wall and it doesn't work anymore, so it's stuck on mute. Yes, he is captain destructo).

It is now officially fall here. We woke up to 30 degrees and it is sunny and crisp and sweater weather. Now if I could just lose some baby weight so my sweaters fit! :0)

Here is a fun craft we saw here. You thread cheerios or other o's and noodles onto a spagetti noodle. The kids really liked it, to my surprise, and did a few each before they started crushing cheerios in my tortilla press (yes, captain destructo again!). It kept them busy while I made dinner. Then I had Jake vacuum the mess up with the hose attachment. He loved it.

What a sweetie... sometimes. It comes and goes. But just then, she was being sweet. And she finally found her voice.
We roll her around on the blanket a lot, but no independent rolling so far.
Tummy time: Me no likey
I have found Jake and Alisa playing baby lately. He has one of Alisa's diapers on. Nice.
Beautiful Fall Leaves, right outside of our house. I LOVE the fall leaves and the crisp sweater weather. Scott is the budding photographer here.
We went up to Sunrise ski resort for a scenic ride on the chairlift. Opted not to take the girls, so Jake and Scott went for a chilly ride, paid $15 and got a free season pass for Jake. He wants to snowboard this year. We'll see how it goes.



Don't mind the slicked back ponytail. It is so windy here!

I wish this did it justice. The fall trees among the pines are gorgeous!
Jake is really into boys vs. girls. For instance, I asked him to tell me the names of his friends at school. All the boys. I don't like girls, mom.

We were all on our bed. Jake and Scott were on the boys side, we were on the girls side. I said we were on the fun side. Yeah, but we are on the BAD side! Laughing, I said they were on the path that rocks (think Emporer's New Groove). Yeah, mom, and I'm gonna throw them at you! (the rocks on the path, I guess.) Such a goober.

Speaking of him being a goober and a destructo, I am having a hard time understanding his destructiveness. He is always, always destroying something. I am being literal here. Take the broken remote, Princess Jasmine's can-opener-smashed hand, all the door stoppers, the nail he hammered into his wall, the paper he crumpled and threw at me just to irk me. He is not exactly my angel right now. Then I remembered my brothers, tearing apart all our dolls. Homemade dolls, lovingly made by my mama. Maybe he is just a boy. A high energy boy. Any suggestions? I mean, suggestions on how not to throw him against a wall, keep my cool, get him to stop?

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Did I tell you about the time I walked out into our front yard, only to find Brock and Bransen standing on the top of our van, peeing off the side? Yes, Jake is all boy! Luckily the destructiveness fades within a couple of years...hopefully!
I'm jealous of all the fall leaves!

Jacqui said...

Poor Jared cried for weeks over those dolls, but I don't think Josh blinked an eye. I think you've got a Josh on your hands, Ali!! Ethan is so chill with that type of thing, but he has started throwing MAJOR fits lately.

Jake is just hilarious. I love that destructo maniac. He will be successful as an adult, just you wait (Henry Higgins, just you wait!). A nail pounded into his wall...what the hey?! Wow. Rockin' that Engineering brain.

I have to tell you, as my parting comment on this long comment...the pic of Jake on the changing table with a diaper and binky...oh. my. goodness. I laughed out loud. There is no charge for awesomeness...or attractiveness.

Cambrienelson said...

We miss you guys...Especially at ward choir : )

Your kids alread look more grown up! They change so fast!

Kristi said...

I wish I knew what to tell you , then I would know what to do with my destructive kids!
Meanwhile - it is gorgeous there! We are loving the same weather;) Don't you just love the chilly fall weather!!!?? I am with you - hopefully I can get into some of my cute sweaters before it is summer again.... sigh....

megan said...

First, you are so good to give up Mexican food. You are a good Mom! And sorry you are sick! It looks so beautiful there though! Fun that the leaves are changing! Hope you guys are well!