Thursday, April 15, 2010

Easter Egg Hunt

We went over to Flag for Easter, and met up with two of my siblings and families. We had so much fun! Glad they could come over (and down!). The kids had a blast together. We missed the rest of you.

We always do our egg hunt on Saturday, since it's not the meaning of Easter. It's still a fun tradition that the kids love. Too bad we're dieting strictly and couldn't sample a pinch of chocolate, candy, ham, deviled eggs, or homemade rolls! Oh, well. It's worth it, I guess.

Here we are puttting the baskets together (for the bunny, of course!).
And that... is a crazy lady. Just kidding. We aren't trying to pose or anything, right?!
Finding the baskets filled with goodies
Alisa was so happy she got pink and purple peeps.
This year the kids found real, dyed eggs and plastic eggs filled with a candy and some change (money--thanks, mom!).


Don't mind that my kids are in their pajamas at 11 am. Hey, we had a great time watching General Conference while the kids kept themselves busy. I haven't gotten that much out of Conference since Jake was a baby!
Jake with ONLY plastic eggs. As soon as he realized the plastic ones held the loot, he rejected any real egg. Literally, he refused to pick them up. He had it all figured out.
It was such a beautiful day! After the egg hunt, we let the kids chow on candy while we cleaned up my parents pine needles, mowed, bagged, raked and swept. Many hands made light work. It was really nice to work all together, then grab a bite to eat before the afternoon session started.


1 comment:

Jacqui said...

How fun. Makes me miss you all. Um, nice hot pictures of me front and center. Hello no make-up, no shower! And while I may look pregnant in the standing up picture, I am not. Or maybe I should say SURE I AM! :) Thanks for inspiring the dieting. It's great and I love you for help me lose my chubbaroni.

Hope hope hope to see you soon??? call me. (but not tonight) ;) xo