Saturday, April 17, 2010

Party for Jacob

He now insists on being called Jacob at school and by his cousins. He still lets us call him Jake. I guess we're lucky.

It was a big birthday party day (Easter weekend). We started off dying eggs, went swimming at the aquaplex in Flag, came home to a 5-year-old's gourmet dinner, ended with presents and cake. It was a tiring day! We had the kids in bed by 7:15 pm. It was the perfect day for Jake, especially being able to spend it with all of his cousins.
Notice my mom holding Jake's egg up. He lasted all of about 30 seconds with the egg dying. Reminds me of my brother, Josh--in so many ways. Oh, heaven help me!!! I've got my hands full with this little 5 year old ball of energy!
New "inja" suit from Josh and Tarah--he loves it!
Two peas in pod--they feed off of each other's energy.
Could two babies look any more different?! Brookie really does carry it in her noggin. Malia, in her thighs! We tried in vain to get Brookie to follow Malia's crawling and pulling up example. That's right. 10 months old tomorrow and still not even a scoot from her.
Yes, it was a labor of love. I've never decorated a cake like this. No, I am not wearing make up, nor have I showered. Nor did I shower until after the pool. Here's Jake's monster cake. Thanks, mom, for the tips.
My mom was so sweet to make exactly what Jake wanted for his birthday. Pancakes for breakfast, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, cheetos, soda pop, and grapes for dinner. He was in heaven (probably because we never have any of that food--except pancakes!).


The just showered look. Lovely. At least I finally took a shower.
Presents from the fam--thank you! He was (and still is) thrilled with all of his presents. Really, he sleeps with most of them in a backpack by his bed (backpack was also a present!).
Little B. Mostly happy. Most of the time. She's getting better. *and just for the record, I did say "lateral incisor" about her tooth. Honestly, though, I have no idea if that's what it really is. I'm just into using fancy dental jargon. It's her side tooth by her top front teeth.
Blowing out the candles--all FIVE of them. Holy cow! How did he get to be so old?!
The Monster Masterpiece

5 comments:

Jacqui said...

FUN! I love that you're posting. Wish I could just copy/paste them onto my blog...:) let you do all the work! HA.

Carleton & Robyn said...

I loooove that cake! Ali you are so pretty. You look beautiful in all your pics. I love that Jake wants to be called Jacob-what a big guy.

Melissa said...

What a cute cake. I have to say i am jealous of people who are so naturally beautiful...I wish I looked like that without makeup! :)

JLJ said...

The Monster cake looks awesome. What a fun bright green!

PS I wish I could look so good w/out showering and w/out makeup. Unfortunately, my au natural looks is a bit too pioneery and basically gross.

Emily said...

I agree with JLJ.. my non-showered look is not NEARLY as glamorous!! I love the moster cake, I may have to copy the idea for the next b-day :)