Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool's Courtesy of the Weather


What a joke. It's snowing. Again. Yuck. April Fool's, I guess.

Brookie is cutting her front two teeth and is happy as a clam. Really, she is SO happy lately. Except...

Scott went from this
to this again

and scared Brookie to death. She cried all through dinner, hysterically. She wouldn't eat. She just kept looking at Scott, looking back at me, and crying. I guess she's not very good with change! She felt better after she sat on my lap for 2 hours. She warmed up to him by bedtime, but was still wary.

This morning he got her up and fed her and she was fine, so hopefully it'll stay that way!

Jake and I just finished reading Charlotte's Web, so I got the movie from the library. I thought I got the animated one, but didn't. Jake really liked it. Alisa was VERY affected when Charlotte died. She was so concerned and asked what happened to the spider. Scott said she got really old and died. She had a sad, far-off look for a moment, then turned and said "No." It wasn't a question. There were tears in her eyes. She wouldn't have it. Then she wanted to cuddle and be comforted. Poor, sweet girl!

5 comments:

Mindy and Marty said...

Sounds like your kids all need some cuddle time with mommy for various reasons! that is a crack up about Scotts face....poor girl. when marty shaved...it was drastic most to me...

how fun to read chapter books with jake...i can't wait for ruby in that stage..oh wait maybe i can?! is it fun?

Caleb and Jenni said...

I'd be scared of that face too. That's all I gotta say about that.

Heidi said...

Wish we could send some more sunshine your way!
Alisa is so cute with the Charlotte thing. I always hated that part in the movie too!

Jacqui said...

Poor little Brookie-poo! Love that blue-eyed beauty. Sweet girl. SOOOOOOOOOO great to see you this weekend. Miss ya already!

Carleton & Robyn said...

How fun that you can read long books now with Jake. Heidi's little one, Maddy, loved that book too.